What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

C cortopar Now that's a Davison with soul.
@Fodderwing One of my favorites Dwight. So that's what they look like when new. Mine looks like it was dragged down the highway.

Thanks! It’s a real shame he’s not taking orders for multi-blades any longer. I guess he’s found his niche with the single blade folders, and doesn’t have any problem selling all he can make.

Thanks! It’s a real shame he’s not taking orders for multi-blades any longer. I guess he’s found his niche with the single blade folders, and doesn’t have any problem selling all he can make.
That's why I commented on yours. He seems to have entered a "cookie cutter" phase, albeit yummy ones.

Seeing RD's Uncle Henry,I decided to pull my 30 plus year old Uncle Henry out to carry today too.
3hpRt5k.jpg

Excellent dixie Ron. I can and have carried a dixie stockman by itself as well, and did not want or need for more.
Thanks Paul! The Dixie really has great blade choices in a nicely streamlined package! :thumbsup: :)

Very nice, Ron. What kind of wood are the covers? I've been having thoughts about that stockman (scary thoughts :)).
Thanks Dean! The covers of my Dixie are Orange Osage! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Ron, the Camillus was a kind gift from @paulhilborn :) :thumbsup:
I was fortunate to meet and spend time with Paul and Duncan at the ‘17 Rendezvous. They’re both genuinely nice guys. Fun to be around and they know and love their knives as well as anyone. They are also both caring and generous individuals. I have personally experienced it from them both! :) :thumbsup:

I was fortunate to meet and spend time with Paul and Duncan at the ‘17 Rendezvous. They’re both genuinely nice guys. Fun to be around and they know and love their knives as well as anyone. They are also both caring and generous individuals. I have personally experienced it from them both! :) :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree with you more Ron, absolute gentlemen both of them :) I hope to meet Paul in person one day, as I have Duncan :) You too my friend :thumbsup:

The hot and/or stormy weather has (temporarily?) broken here, so I've started removing some creeping vines from my ground cover that is invading our white oak and hickories. These seemed to contain a good candidate for the cutting part of the job:

Yjkcmww.jpg

But, then I spotted this old Sabre and it was a suitable choice (also fitting for Wooden Wednesday):

ASm17R3.jpg

- Stuart

Seeing RD's Uncle Henry,I decided to pull my 30 plus year old Uncle Henry out to carry today too.
3hpRt5k.jpg

Ah, a kindred spirit! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Dean! The covers of my Dixie are Orange Osage! :) :thumbsup:

That explains my attraction; I have an affinity for Osage Orange. We have a rather large example of an Osage Orange tree in one of our Metro Parks.

I couldn't agree with you more Ron, absolute gentlemen both of them :) I hope to meet Paul in person one day, as I have Duncan :) You too my friend :thumbsup:
I’m looking forward to it myself Jack! :) :thumbsup:

That explains my attraction; I have an affinity for Osage Orange. We have a rather large example of an Osage Orange tree in one of our Metro Parks.
Well Dean that pretty well settles it! ;) You need a #82 Dixie Stockman in Orange Osage! :D

Back