What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Could possibly be a lack of potassium in the soil. If it is, can rectify it with applying sulphate of potash.

Thanks! Would it be too late to put some down now? Or just wait till next year?

This is only my third year messing with muscadines. If I can get them right, I'll plant two more vines (got two now in their 3rd year). First they made almost none. Last year I made enough to make a 8 pts jelly and a gallon of wine. I have almost enough for 8 pts jelly so far this year.

Now is never too late. Sprinkle some around the base of the tree/plant and water in well.Good luck.

BÖKER shadow stockman tonight.

TzHvdjn.jpg

kai76 kai76 , that knife is gorgeous. Love the jigging and the color of the bone. Wish I could give it 10 likes.
Thank you! I wish they still made bone like that.

That is a comforting Camillus, Nick. Thanks for sharing.
Aw, shucks, Nick. Impressive Empire, friend.
Thanks for the nice words Stuart! Great pair of stag knives you have today. I like the nice deep swage of the main blade on that whittler and the fixed blade is a stout looker.

View attachment 1176776
I promised myself I would carry this lil Anza more! Love it on the belt.
I like that fixed blade a lot! Looks like it fits like a glove in hand. I don’t own any fixed blades except kitchen knives but they’re growing on me lately...

This pair for me today.

5K Qs 5K Qs ~
Thanks for your kind and witty comments! Nice to see your post after a few days hiatus. Now go enjoy your family vacation for another week!

Congrats on getting the new Case!

I love when Osage Orange starts to break in, it darkens to a deep honey brown when exposed to the elements. Hope everyone has a great Friday!
WNvD5Dh.jpg
How long have you had that one?? It's aging quickly and beautifully! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Home made Lambsfoot Pizza
View attachment 1176064
I'll bet that, in person, that pizza/lambsfoot combination was sensational for most of your senses, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Heading off to the office with the Medium Stockman in my pocket.
The amber bone looks great, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool: When does school start for you?

Mmm..."grilled cheese jigging". Much more appetizing than "worm groove".
:D:thumbsup:

An old PAL and a new friend for friday :thumbsup:

gFkUMKm.jpg

Your new ebony Waynorth lambsfoot is outstanding, Steve, but your old PAL "takes the cake"! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Carrying a couple of America's finest today, sporting my favorite colors, and sitting atop some of my garden's bounty. The tomatoes in particular are quite delicious.

UKCGxnB.jpg
What a bountiful harvest of knives and produce, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

For black Friday, I'm totin' an ebony Huckleberry Boy's knife (GEC 15) and a Case Wharncliffe Copperlock in rough black.

Black is beautiful, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Enjoying the dog days of summer :D

mv4bNwe.jpg

Lambsfoot and Compact today
Cool pair of knives (and dog), Mike! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Good Saturday Morning All
Striking lambsfoot, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That Nieto is Neat-o, Dave! :cool::cool::thumbsup: My daughter gave me a knife almost identical to that, but she got it in a knife maker's shop - they leave off the manufacturer's etchings and put on their own!?!
mz.menger.pile.open.jpg

After being gone for a week I’m too far behind to think about looking at all the knives you folks were toting. I spent the week picking huckleberries, catching small mouth, eating better than I do at home and drinking red beer every night around a campfire.
I did manage a GAW while on the trip. My 9 year old nephew looked like he needed a good camping knife so I gave him a Victorinox Lumberjack I took along. He turned into a sawing/whittling machine, trying to make a spear to get some fish while he was swimming in the lake.
Kudos for your grand gift to your nephew! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::D

Excellent choice.
I hope you were able to saw a lot of logs while on vacation (Zzzzzzzz). :D
Thanks, John. :) I had planned to try to work in an intentional nap most days, but it hasn't happened during the first week. :rolleyes:

Good choice on the Case brown bone sawcut CV Barlow, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup: It is a stellar example of Case quality.

I can't imagine buying so many of the same knife (Pocket Pals); oh wait, I bought a bunch of Schrade 897UH stockman.:eek: Never mind!:)

Your Alox Farmer is a great travel choice; I'm so glad you gave me one (thanks, again). :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean; your and others' photos of the Case CV Barlow were a major influence in my buying decision. ;):thumbsup: I'm glad you like the Farmer, and that you sent me one of your "excess" Uncle Henry stockmans. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Humpback stockman and compact riding along today.
87gqoeT.jpg
That Harvest Orange Humpback stockman is a marvelous knife, Mike; thanks for sending me one! :cool::):thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Pocket pal holds a special spot for me, it's the first Vic i bought with my own money.
They were discontinued by the time I saw the poor thing hanging dusty on the hardware store rack and I decided to bring it home.

Some fine carries and some great pictures for you this week :thumbsup:
Thanks, HnS. :) Here's a pic of my latest Pocket Pal:
pocketpal3.mark.2open.onback.jpg

My "Plain" Canoe for vacation is no longer plain, since @r8shell scrimshawed a vacation-inspired scene on it! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
mark.chair.jpg

My "Fancy" Canoe for vacation is a Buck stag canoe that I feel fortunate to have found:
stag.canoe.389.pile.open.jpg

- GT

That Nieto is Neat-o, Dave! :cool::cool::thumbsup: My daughter gave me a knife almost identical to that, but she got it in a knife maker's shop - they leave off the manufacturer's etchings and put on their own!?!
mz-menger-pile-open-jpg.1176847
Your lucky to have a Daughter GT :thumbsup::D I agree with you, it's actually a pretty cool knife.:thumbsup::cool::D

Your lucky to have a Daughter GT :thumbsup::D I agree with you, it's actually a pretty cool knife.:thumbsup::cool::D
The wood on mine is getting quite dry, while yours looks fantastic! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Any special wood maintenance that you do?

- GT

Cool pair of knives (and dog), Mike! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Thanks GT.

That Harvest Orange Humpback stockman is a marvelous knife, Mike; thanks for sending me one! :cool::):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, my friend. I saw yours posted a little while ago and I had to take mine out for the day. Glad you're still enjoying yours :)

Here's a pic of my latest Pocket Pal:
View attachment 1176872

The Secretary is such a cool little SAK. I keep one as my desk knife at home.

Lovely canoes as well. Really appreciate and enjoy the attention and detail in your replies. I don't know how you keep it up ;)

Back