What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

full

Awesome pic, Dave! Is that an old photo, or do you still have so many lovely blooms in your garden in late September?
GT thats a photo I took on Monday, usually by the first week of October the killer frost shows up, ready for destruction and mayhem. So hopefully I have until then to take some fall photos.;)

Do you have special powers, Dan, or is Photoshop involved in these amazing wildlife pics??

No special powers :) and no Photoshop either.
It's the real thing. :thumbsup:
However it's quite easy to do actually if you go to the right places and are just a bit patient.
I frequently walk the trails at the "Upper Canada Migratory Bird Sanctuary" where birds are more accustomed to humans bringing seeds for them.
https://www.facebook.com/UpperCanadaBirdSanctuary/

Beautiful place, and most times I go there is hardly anybody enjoying nature's gifts.

JJ Cahill JJ Cahill - Thank you JJ. The stain glass covers on your toothpick is a work of art. Then there’s that beautiful 4 Blade...:thumbsup:

dc50 dc50 - Lovely warm toned image, Dave.

@Duckdog - That Eldon Courtney Custom is a real charmer, Stuart.

@Gevonovich - Both the knife and image has captured my gaze.

@Jack Black - Was curious what that cool post WW2 was hafted in.:D

@SVTFreak - Just look at the gorgeous covers on your 81.

@Coreman - Great image. Perfect use of empty space.:thumbsup:

@Leslie Tomville - That bottom knife hafted in Stag, along with file work is a knockout.

@5K Qs - What a sweet sowbelly, GT.

Last edited:
Two mesmerizing pieces. That sow tongue ties me and the Imperial colors me with envy. Stained glass ...so :cool::eek::thumbsup: And merci beaucoup;)
Sowday ....huh

OK you two.....i'll bite

46509071664_1ffddb12c0_b.jpg
Thank you Gev!!! What a marvelous Primble sowbelly you have today; a defining and artistic beauty!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Thanks JJ! I’ve been toting the 72 swell center all week but I guess the surf gods aren’t too happy about it since the waves have been tiny all week! You and @Gevonovich with your Sow’s, very nice! I love the saber ground blade on your Imperial toothpick.
Love for the 72 is going strong.
Thanks Nick!!! Still no surf but an awesome pocket knife!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
hank you very much JJ, a couple of lovely old knives you have there :) :thumbsup:
It's taken from the NAAFI knife made in Sheffield post-WW2 :thumbsup:

xWBKhpl.jpg
Thank you Jack!!! That's quite a cool Needham, Hill Street jack; it has "military issue" written all over it!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Aged and A-1, JJ!
Striking trio of black synthetics for Black Friday, JJ!
Sowbelly of the Week is a Rough Rider model with smooth tobacco bone covers:
tobacco-sow-mark-closed-jpg.1200316

Stockman of the Week is a Schrade 897UH (thanks, Dean):
897uh-dean-mark-vstand-patiio-jpg.1200317
Thanks x2 Gary!!! Really lovely couple of Stock knives; the acorn shield on your sowbelly always reminds me of the old Remington knives, tantalizing tobacco bone!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Happy Staguday!
yQ9mYMr.jpg
What an awesome KA-BAR-LOW Todd; the clip blade is very reminiscent of a Cattaraugus Barlow clip, quite the beauty there!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
JJ Cahill JJ Cahill - Thank you JJ. The stain glass covers on your toothpick is a work of art. Then there’s that beautiful 4 Blade...:thumbsup:
Thank you Harvey!!! I can't wait to see what your next beauty is!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back