What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

CdttQn7.jpg

What do beavers chew? Wood! Hopefully no knawing will happen here

Hey David, who made the beautiful old TL-29 in cocobolo?

The knives and I made it but some dirty buggers at the airport got into my suitcase and took some shirts:confused::confused: Who takes shirts but leaves me socks and underwear???

Sad and weird. Have a great time from now on.
- Stuart

Thanks JJ, you can't beat that good old steel can you? :) :thumbsup:
You certainly can't Jack; I guess the secrets out!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I've put a twist on my Wednesday, more specifically Winchester Wood Wednesday for me. I'm totin' two: an older Model 94 (built in 1959) and a younger Model 1924 (built in 1987). The elder is getting a new taste treat today: polymer-tipped spitzer bullets in .30-30.

ZmczWur.jpg
Those lever guns are awfully fun to shoot; always reminds me of Chuck Conners!;) Cool Winchester BB to have while hanging out with its big brothers!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Beautiful covers on your classic IXL lamb; pretty darn sweet all around!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
That's an excellent Schrade whittler Jeff; they certainly did an outstanding job with their Heritage line!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
An unusual, yet very handsome pairing, JJ. There's a lot there in that pair.
Both are nice, JJ, but the GEC/Schrade is a beautiful beast.
Thank you kind Sir! I was looking for "Big Foot" but settled on the GEC/Schrade!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Case Medium Stockman riding with my Lambsfoot today.
I've owned Stockman knives by many different makers, but I think Case makes my favorites. They may not be put together as well as some others, but they are always so slim in the pocket, attractive to look at, easy to sharpen, and never fail to cut anything. When it comes to Stockmans... Give me a Case.

Two beautiful knives John.;):thumbsup:

Good morning!
Today is a great day for me, finally the knife that I offered to myself as a birthday present has arrived, although quite late (the birthday was on September 18th !!), it was worth all the waiting time, because in my modest opinion is a handsome example of a Lambsfoot Barlow this knife made by artisan Michael May.;):D:thumbsup:

I have this in my bag, since I'm going to a small outdoor trip. Just a couple of hours, nothing major. I have some mixed feelings about this knife. Recently I used it while making a fire, tried to make some fuzzy sticks and woodchips. Compared to scandi blades this leaves something to be desired. It is sharp enough, but for some reason it does not have the "bite" my Tommi-puukko's have. It is however small and handy and therefore I have continued to carry it. The handle is a bit too round, I prefer more oval shape, but still this is quite comfortable. Most likely I will let this go and get a puukko of similar size for pocket sized bushcraft use, with a high scandi "zero" grind. The Brisa Bobtail I have is close to what I want but a Tommi of this size would be perfect. I don't baton with this size knives so full tang is not necessary, allthough it would be a plus. The drop point is still nice and gives some options that traditional puukko does not have.

mWqReJN.jpg

Lost my quotes once, so I hope I haven't missed anyone :(

Jack, one of your proud pair inspired my post of today. Thanks for sharing them.

Thank you Stuart, that's nice :)

"Plain" Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider with faux tortoise shell covers:
View attachment 1206522

"Fancy" Canoe of the Week is an amber jigged bone CV Case canoe:
View attachment 1206525

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is a Böker USA electrician (thanks, Mark):
View attachment 1206532

International Knife of the Week is a Carlos Quintana Taramundi I bought in Sevilla, Spain:
View attachment 1206533

- GT

Cool bunch GT :) :thumbsup:

Love the knife and slingshot combo Dan, great pic as always :thumbsup:

Bonnie bone, Jack. The Camillus looks like a well-marbled steak.

Thanks again my friend :thumbsup:

You certainly can't Jack; I guess the secrets out!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Another fine BB for the hoard arrived yesterday, many thanks Justin!

DP9JdGv.jpg

Nice Norfolk Will :thumbsup:

Back