What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Lost the last week here on Blade Forums pretty much, very busy for us last four months and especially the last week with lots of running back and forth: After 13 months we FINALLY sold our former home (about 90 miles inland) so I spent four days this past week getting the remainder of our possessions (junk and unused stuff) either dumped, given to charity, or in a storage unit. I also bought myself a new truck - my fourth truck over the last 45 years, but the first new truck I've ever owned! It's a Ford dealer demo (had only 450 miles on it) and end of the model year deal - 2x4 F150 - real happy with it so far - pulled my boat 200 miles Friday and fished with my brother and brother-in-law for the first time in over a year (forgive the bragging, just had to tell it somewhere!) I placed two knives in it to be truck knives - a Case Hammerhead and a Case 6318. Looking forward to being back here on Blade Forum on a daily basis. OH
New-Ford-F150-10-2-19.jpg

Case-Hammerhead.jpg

Case-6318-1976-2.jpg

View attachment 1208585

I gave this knife to a friend who actually has sheep with lambs.

Old Hunter Old Hunter , beautiful new truck! Congratulations. Everyone should treat themselves to a brand new truck at least once! I have a few designated truck knives as well.

@Rose and Thistle Custom , Josh, have you made the move to Oregon? I bet it feels strange being out of Alaska. Please let us know how things go.

@Duckdog , Stuart, I don't know how to quote, but that last post of yours was epic. Thanks.

Thank you @JJ Cahill .

Last edited:
Today would have been my father's 60th birthday. This morning I tossed his big ol' Klein lockback into my pocket, and I'm sure I'll spend a good bit of today chicken-eyeing, coon-fingering, and worry-stone-rubbing this big hunk of steel. Bummed that I have to work, but I'm glad I've got an excuse to carry his Klein outside today. Happy birthday, Bub.

00100l-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20191006070745920-COVER-2.jpg
A great way to remember your father. I hope that many fond memories sustain you as I know these days can be hard. I lost my dad way too early and not a day goes by that I don’t think about him and all of the many lessons he taught us. The legacy of a man is what he leaves behind and I know your dad left more than an awesome knife behind!!

A great way to remember your father. I hope that many fond memories sustain you as I know these days can be hard. I lost my dad way too early and not a day goes by that I don’t think about him and all of the many lessons he taught us. The legacy of a man is what he leaves behind and I know your dad left more than an awesome knife behind!!

Beautifully said. He was my hero. A great man who fought hard to watch his boys grow into men. The wisdom he left behind will be with me forever. There were many momentous occasions that I wish he could have been here for: whether to offer advice or to just be a proud papa, but I know that I would and will continue to make him proud. Thank you, and my condolences to you and yours on an untimely loss.

Today would have been my father's 60th birthday. This morning I tossed his big ol' Klein lockback into my pocket, and I'm sure I'll spend a good bit of today chicken-eyeing, coon-fingering, and worry-stone-rubbing this big hunk of steel. Bummed that I have to work, but I'm glad I've got an excuse to carry his Klein outside today. Happy birthday, Bub.

00100l-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20191006070745920-COVER-2.jpg
Hope your day is full of happy memories.

I’m taking it easy. Planning on watching some football on TV later today and probably eating more than I need to! ;) I’ve got these two to keep me busy when there’s a break in the action. I’ve got a Rendezvous Special #74 Mustang with Natural Smooth White Bone and a 2018 Jack Black SFO Guardians Lambsfoot with Ebony. :thumbsup::)

48583638222_28e6050db6_o_d.jpg

Back