What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
  2. SkinnyDale

SkinnyDale Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2006
    70ECBBAE-2849-418C-BDAE-14570775DB11.jpeg Added a few this week....

3. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    That’s so strange. It almost looks like something was wiped across it that triggered the corrosion.

I use desiccant packs, rust prohibitor tabs and Ren wax on all my safe queens. Triple protection from the beast.

4. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Thanks all, it's a mystery. Duncan and I discussed the same thing as to some remnant of oil/oils being left behind, yet I'm very cautious when putting in their place, a "final check" as it were. The logo "etch" is completely gone and the angle of the red rust follows exactly the way the blade lays in the well downo_O

Jack Black likes this.
  5. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Ulster Jack and a Calf Roper

[​IMG]

6. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    I've looked at clouds from both sides now
    But still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life
    Really don't know life...at all

[​IMG]

7. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Delightful denim duo! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

More terrific thematic tandems, JJ; the knives you post are always immaculate!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
    What knife do you typically carry for everyday use?

Your lambsfoot and your team are both winners, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Delectable bone, Steve! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Gadzooks! :eek: That Brookes & Crookes really Cookes, Harvey!! ;):cool::cool:

Your Barlow is rated XX, Dean! :cool::cool:;) Do you have any group shots of the Case Barlows you've acquired this year? My impression is that you have quite a variety! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Congrats on your new ZT!! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Not my cup of tea, but you're obviously very stoked about it! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:
    How was the pasta? I've never tried that brand of fettuccini, but we LOVE Marie's fruit pies (Razzleberry's my favorite)! ;)

Glad to hear that your "no-rain dance" was finally effective, Jack! ;):cool:
    Handsome stag/ebony pair!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Majestic knife, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Charlie's cool coal-colored couple of cutters are commendable, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Impressive French pair, Vince! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
    I know you have some amazing knives from UK, Spain, France, and US; what country will you conquer next in your quest for world (knife) domination?? :D

Couple of sensational slender stockman patterns, Gev & Paul!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope you had an enjoyable time, Jeff! That Owl Head sowbelly is a stunner! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Love those covers, Buzz! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
    (Must be tough to get that Warthog off the ground with that massive payload, though! :eek::D)

Red bone Barlow bonanza, LT!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That stag RR sowbelly is superb! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Outstanding bone, Paul! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    I hope your shoulder rehab is as fast and pain-free as possible. :)

Big Knife of the Week for me has been a Case amber jigged bone Sod Buster Jr (not really big, but the full-size Sod Busters are big, and by putting my SBJrs in the "Big" category, I get to carry them more often than I would if they were fighting for space with many other knives in the "Miscellaneous" category :rolleyes:):
    amber.sbjr.pile.closed.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife this week is a Case mini copperlock (thanks, @Leslie Tomville):
    mark.open.point.jpg

Peanut of the Week is a Case brown Delrin stainless peanut (thanks, Cory):
    delrin.peanut.mark.2open.linktoy.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Case stag peanut:
    case.stag.pile.closed.jpg

- GT

8. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, Gary. Not sure which country will be next. I may obtain some more Spanish navajas, but the ones I want are kind of pricey. I have an Italian stiletto on my list. I find the Finnish knives intriguing. Maybe some more English knives, although the cutlery industry is not what it used to be. May look for some old knives. There are beautiful Sardinian knives I've seen here on the forums. The Portuguese knives are comely too. And I DEFINITELY will be acquiring more French cutlery. I know the industry is not what it was, but it seems to be in good shape in France nevertheless. I know there will be more Laguioles in my collection, little by little.
    Very nice choices this week: all Case! Coincidence?

Got this in my pocket again:
    [​IMG]
    I used it last night to cut some twine on a Christmas tree, and then accidentally dropped it on the floor. Dinged up the edge pretty good, but I guess that's the best place for dings. Used some diamond rods (followed by ceramic) to smooth the edge again, and now the dings are gone and my Lag is RAZOR sharp.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  9. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Amir Fleschwund - Thank you Jeff. Ironically, some say the same thing about me.:eek: Very nice pair. That F&F is cool and different

@JohnDF - Thank you John.:) Your Old Timer looks like a perfect jeans small pocket carry.:thumbsup:

@JJ Cahill - Thank you JJ. A great looking pair. Love the color of the Schrade cover.

@Jack Black - A lovely pair headed by your HHB.:thumbsup:

@Gevonovich - A beautiful pair of MOPs with words to live by.:)

@5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your Case SB Jr. is a stunner.:thumbsup:

@Prester John - A lovely Laguiole, Vince. Since sharpening mine, it’s carried daily. A very useful and practical knife.:thumbsup:

10. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
  11. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, GT. :):):)

cigarrodog likes this.
  12. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thanks, Harvey. You aren't wrong. :D:thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  13. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    For football watching duties...
    [​IMG]

14. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, Harvey. Practical and beautiful. And a great size--fits my hand very well.

cigarrodog likes this.
  15. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks @5K Qs !
    I am really stoked with the ZT 0230 and more and more everyday:thumbsup:
    The Marie Callender’s Fettuccine is really good at least I enjoy it especially for a quick and easy meal:) I normally add a couple pieces of French or Italian bread with it.
    Btw those are some beautiful knives you’ve posted but I wouldn’t expect anything less from you!

cigarrodog likes this.
  16. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    It's strange how with all the knives that pass through our hands one in particular ends up being "the one" that speaks to us. We don't choose them, they choose us.

17. marsturm

marsturm Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2008
    I have a recently acquired Northwoods Presidential in blue camel bone in a pocket slip in my right front pocket.

TheFactor likes this.
  18. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    So true. I have found that I don’t really know how a knife will “fit” me until I have it for a while. Some knives, which look so good in photos just don’t do it for me after I have it in hand. This is the prime reason I buy and sell many knives. And buy certain ones again.

19. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
  20. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    In addition to an Ebony Lambfoot, I slipped this Case 5140 L Stag Lockback in another pocket.[​IMG] .