1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. traumkommode

traumkommode

Dec 3, 2015
    Here's one that I should have bought when it came out, but in the end simply glad to have. Thanks Jeff!

[​IMG]

2. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
  3. Headwinds

Headwinds Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Great line from a great movie. And definitely appropriate for that knife!!

4. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    A red theme today, Case Sway Back Gent in Red bone and CV steel and Case Slimline Trapper in Old Red bone.

IMG_6185.JPG

5. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Sorta red.
    [​IMG]

6. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Ask and you shall receive. My hunting hiatus went from end of deer season (empty handed) into duck season (been lucky so far) and now it bleeds into rabbit season. I'm glad to be back on the Porch and am totin' these two today - Case and Cunningham.

[​IMG]

And wearing pants.
    - Stuart

7. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    You and I are on the same page my friend! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Stuart it’s great to see you my friend! :) That a versatile pair your totin today! :thumbsup:

Old Engineer and Duckdog like this.
  8. jnaught

jnaught Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Lunch break walk in Mississippi's winter with my constant pocket companion:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Absolutely blown away with this thing...jaw droppingly perfect:D

10. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
  11. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks for asking, John!
    This is a Telecaster scratch built copy I’m building for my son. Poor kid only has a Gibson SG, and everybody needs at least one Tele! Body is chambered African mahogany with a flamed maple top that came out of the rack at Menards.
    The neck is another piece of nicely flamed hard maple from the same source.
    Installing a two way truss rod, which requires a fatter cut at the last two inches. After carefully drilling that out, the razor sharp coping blade on my whittler was perfect for cleaning that up. 9B4C3D55-D99E-4572-86F8-47B5F72E71A5.jpeg

12. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Glad you’re back, and wearing pants, my friend!

Duckdog likes this.
  13. Anothername

Anothername Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2017
    @5K Qs thanks! Always appreciate your comments! That cv sowbelly is quite the beautie! Sure wish the weather was as nice as the background of that picture;):D
    [​IMG]
    Back to these two today! This is really starting to become my preferred carry

14. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    That's pretty nifty. How does it work?

15. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Here's the patent, it's really damn nifty;)

16. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2017
    That thing is slim too nice

WValtakis likes this.
  17. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Went with a Case today...
    [​IMG]

18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Well done, and thanks for posting the pictures.
    I have to live vicariously through you wood workers, since I have no aptitude for it. ;)

Amir Fleschwund likes this.
  19. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Looks like the Wright thing to do, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

You can carry that peanut with pride, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Osage orange and ebony is a wondrous Wednesday combo, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Call me "provincial", but I'm always pleased to see your Michigan-based Olsens, Alan! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Good-looking pair, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Impressive collection of wood products, David! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Fabulous knife and pic, Dave! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, guys; it comes with the territory. ;)

Checkered scales are SO attractive, and that ebony is amazing! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wow, John, you didn't waste any time getting a patina going once you decided to make that Harness Jack a user! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Cool couple of knives! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is the RR smooth tobacco bone?

Notable pair, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Joshua, your family must play a much more competitive, cutthroat version of Crazy Eights than we used to play! :eek::D I don't think we EVER had our knives out for card games!

Thanks, Harvey. There's no question that I have a chronic case of Alox Pox! :)
    Your stag I*XL lambsfoot is such a memorable knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for sharing your opinion on my idle question, JJ. :)
    Your S&M duo is Sublime & Magical! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry to read that such a nice folder has disappeared in the mail, Will :thumbsdown::(; I'll join you in hoping that it comes to light soon!

What a ravishing pen knife! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: What model is that, and what size?

I'm always astounded by the "inner glow" of that one, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

You've got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle ...;):cool::thumbsup:

:):thumbsup::)
    You're riding high with your stag lambsfoot and saw cut redbone 77 Barlow, Ron! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Your gleaming white office knife is cool, Alan! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I have one from Keen Kutter but it's quite yellowed with age.

Handsome pair of knives, Jeff, and it was cool to see how you used the whittler on your Telecaster project! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for taking the time to mention it, John. :)

When I see a photo of a single bright red Case, I usually think that the color isn't really my style. But seeing several such knives together, like the trio and duo you gents have posted, gets a powerful rojo mojo going that's kind of hard to resist! :rolleyes::cool::cool:

Thanks, Dean. :) I don't really need another 6347, but I would like a Rogers jigged walnut example, and if I could eventually find that on a 6347, I wouldn't complain! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks for the confirmation and the compliment, Steve! :):thumbsup:

That's superb wood for ANY day of the week, Tom! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

You're quite a "fashion-forward" guy, Stuart! :D Welcome back! That's intriguing handle material on your fixed blade! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I can see why that pair could grab your attention on a regular basis! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    Thanks for the kind words. The sowbelly pic is from Lake Huron in August; that sure appeals to me more than the 8-10 inches of snow we picked up last weekend with frozen slush underneath!

- GT

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    RDaneel, TFBraden, chuck4570 and 13 others like this.
  20. McFeeli

McFeeli

Feb 13, 2017
    [​IMG]

Today felt like a Nieto type of day.