What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Jack Black Jack Black Love the slingshot in your picture when I was a kid I was deadly with one. My buddy's and I all had slingshots my great granddfather made for us. We used to spend a lot of time on his porch listening to his wild tales of growing up in the mountains most of which I now suspect were improvised but as a kids we took them as gospel. Paw earned his living selling his honey, sharpening anything with a blade selling the things he had carved and made and at harvest time selling vegetables. He made us all slingshots out of the limbs of an old Black Gum tree he had cut down and let dry out. He made chairs and other things out of the limbs and never threw them out so we all got fine slingshots.
Thanks for that photo Jack it took me on a trip down memory lane.

tqekQyu.jpg

That's a cool photo and beautiful knife, Gev! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It looks like our normal high Summer humidity has set in, so I'll stick with mostly SS for a while.
IMG_0877-X4.jpg

That is a stunning knife and great photo! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Watchpocket Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider dogleg lockback mini canoe:
View attachment 1369862

Big Knife of the Week is a Remington Big Daddy Barlow (thanks, Shawn):
View attachment 1369863

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Schrade+ USA 93OT Wrangler (thanks, Fausto):
View attachment 1369864

- GT

Your Big Daddy Remington Barlow looks fantastic, Gary! :):thumbsup: I'll bet it's a handful.

Fabulous photo Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. :)

You're right, nothing "thrifty" about that knife. ;)
BTW, absolutely great picture too. :cool::thumbsup:

Many thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

Found this in my maibox today:
J0iVVP1.jpg

Remington Baby Bullet lockback, 1984. I was one of the winners in JohnDF JohnDF 's recent sci fi GAW. Handmade leather slip by John. Wonderful knife--good lockup, very sharp, great size. They're in my pocket now. :)

Congratulations Vince :) Love the tooling on the slip :thumbsup:

Found this in my maibox today:
J0iVVP1.jpg

Remington Baby Bullet lockback, 1984. I was one of the winners in JohnDF JohnDF 's recent sci fi GAW. Handmade leather slip by John. Wonderful knife--good lockup, very sharp, great size. They're in my pocket now. :)
Wow Vince! :thumbsup: What a beautiful prize package! :) That slip is beautiful leather work John JohnDF JohnDF ! :) :thumbsup:

Back