What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

It was just for 2 or 3 years around 1980, IIRC. I should write more stuff down

Right you are, Jer, and I'll give you another chance to write it down! ;) Both knives have just the one center pin along with belt finished edges.

898UH Junior Premium Stockman @ 3.38" closed, 1979-1982
L7tAb8z.jpg

886UH Senior Stockman @ 3.90" closed, 1979-1982
tL4BLrv.jpg

We’re having dolphin (M.M.) too.
Not counting fish we caught ourselves, it’s become our favorite. We bounce around a lot, though ~ haddock, cod, pollock, salmon,...as long as it’s wild caught and processed domestically, and not too spendy.
Enjoy that seven year old. One of the best ages ever. Old enough to do things together, like play catch, fish, teach to shoot, get a first knife (of course). Young enough that they still want to hang out with you rather than friends, too young to drive.:eek::D

That reminds me of our elms. When we bought this place, a two or three hundred foot row of elms was dying from Dutch Elm Disease. All but one.
Some accident of genetics, I suppose, but it’s 100% healthy, gotten huge, and best of all, it has seeded a whole generation of trees that seem resistant as well.

People often wonder what could justify egging someone’s house, soaping their car windows, and covering their trees with toilet paper...
You nailed it. We’re lucky to live on the coast, so we can get fish as fresh as possible without having caught it ourselves. As for fun, you’ve got that right, too. More than any of my other boys, Ezra wants to be right by my side. He’s still working on his safety skills, so he only has a dulled SAK, but he loves it. He’s definitely the Apple closest to my side of the tree.

If trick-or-treaters come to your door, you should give them Spam instead of candy--it's better for them.
Or a fried egg and a six-pack of beer.
Some accident of genetics, I suppose, but it’s 100% healthy, gotten huge, and best of all, it has seeded a whole generation of trees that seem resistant as well.
Great news.

Boker Nessmi

You started me on the quest to find a Solingen made Nessmi, when I saw the excellent photos you posted. I've managed to find one, and now I can not only appreciate the images of the knife, I can appreciate the knife itself. I'm really glad that my search was successful.

I didn't know you could eat chestnuts raw.

I didn't know you can eat them raw either. We either cook them or roast and drink young whine (federweisser) with them. Pickled mushrooms are great, especially the kind I found today although not everyone likes them, because they can be a bit slimey.

I used to eat them raw as a kid when me and my mate would bring back big hauls from the woods. They're nicer roasted, but still tasty raw. My find last year was Turkish Hazelnuts, which I discovered littering a nearby street :) We still get traditional chestnut roasters in the streets here, but they're not as common as in the past :( :thumbsup:

mwGbEwu.jpg

Your Davison is a real treasure and your photo background is appropriate for the blade, Jack. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Dean :) :thumbsup:

Great looking pair for Friday, Jack; the Davison shadow jack is a wonderful slicing partner to your HHB!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting these two for Friday both wearing black micarta. :)

Thanks JJ, looks like you mean business with those two :) :thumbsup:

Such a lot of wonderful knives folks have been posting all week! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: I wonder if I'll ever make time to post my daily retrospectives on the knives that most catch my fancy?? I HATE the coronavirus and all the changes it has made to my life and times! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::(:mad:

Watch Pocket Knife this week is a Case mini copperhead, IMHO perhaps the prettiest knife I own:
View attachment 1446633

Big Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider ram's horn bone cotton sampler. I've been frequently using it for food prep this week, and it takes me some getting used to best ways to use this big-bellied blade for chopping fruit and vegetables!
View attachment 1446634

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Case CV chestnut jigged bone muskrat. I love the knives in this series, but I wish the dye job were a little more uniform on this muskrat that I bought very early this year and haven't carried much at all:
View attachment 1446635
Gotta love the tang stamp, though! :)
View attachment 1446636

- GT

Looking good Gary, particularly like that impressive Cotton Sampler :) I think I may even have one somewhere :D :thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a very happy Halloween weekend :) I'm being even duller than usual today, as I still have these two in my pockets :rolleyes: I may change later though ;) :thumbsup:

QUPqqvQ.jpg

NqS4LH0.jpg

Back