What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I saw the old Case XX 6207 with snapped tip and had to have it. I could have easily used it as it was but I like a fine tipped blade. After a few minutes with the belt sander its very tippy once again, albeit a wee bit shorter. a very fine knife and a pattern I fancy:thumbsup: Re-tipped, sharpened, oiled and lightly cleaned up.
Before:
YBJwEZ.jpg

After:
MWh4cH.jpg
Gem ! That redbone sings

A Stockman for Saturday... Case Medium Stockman
I’d have to take out a loan to afford shooting off a round!
Nice finds.

Another wonderful old knife.

I'm carrying a couple newer knives that could be someone's wonderful antique find in 100 years. (assuming we aren't all just heads in jars by then)
GJgw9fY.jpg
Can I just be put in my canoe, set on fire, and pushed out in the lake? Head in a jar creeps me out.
Nothing fancy but a good solid user.View attachment 1467882
Nothing fancy? Solid user?
We could be brothers!:D
I saw the old Case XX 6207 with snapped tip and had to have it. I could have easily used it as it was but I like a fine tipped blade. After a few minutes with the belt sander its very tippy once again, albeit a wee bit shorter. a very fine knife and a pattern I fancy:thumbsup: Re-tipped, sharpened, oiled and lightly cleaned up.
Before:
YBJwEZ.jpg

After:
MWh4cH.jpg
Does Case call it a Serpentine Jack, like Schrade did with the 294? Either way, I fancy it as well!:thumbsup:;)
Glad you gave it new life.

Last edited:

Can I just be put in my canoe, set on fire, and pushed out in the lake? Head in a jar creeps me out.

Nothing fancy? Solid user?
We could be brothers!:D

Does Case call it a Serpentine Jack, like Schrade did with the 294? Either way, I fancy it as well!:thumbsup:;)
Glad you gave it new life.
Thanks Jeff, it's a mini Trapper with a pen vs spey blade. I've seen people (the seller) call it a dog leg Jack as well. Serpentine Jack describes it best in my book:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks Jack!!!

Another great assortment of wonderful outdoor cutlery; very cool mosaic pins on your Scandi FB, too (good luck with the weather, BTW)!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot JJ, I have had that knife a few years now, and it cost me £8! I have a friend who buys and sells second-hand tools, and it was in with a load he had bought. I didn't know him so well at the time, and he thought that I was only interested in folders, so he didn't set it aside for me. The first I knew of it was when another feller picked it up, and was having a good look at it. My mate told him it was £10. I said it was a bargain, and advised the bloke looking at it to buy it. I told him that if he didn't, I definitely would. He looked at it some more, then said he wasn't going to bother, as he reckoned he could always make a knife like that. I told my pal that it was worth more than £10, but he wouldn't even take that off me :D I think someone made it from an O1 blade, but they did a good job, and it came in a decent sheath. Takes a razor sharp edge too :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. That's a cool looking modded Opinel. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I carried this old friend on another hike today. Note the festive decorations on the trail.

View attachment 1467120 View attachment 1467121 View attachment 1467122 View attachment 1467124

Thank you Dean, great pics from your hike my friend :) I just had an idea for seasonal slingshot targets! :D :thumbsup:

I have these three with me today - all similarly jigged and all very well made. The Lambsfoot was the 2019 KOTY for me and is arguably one of the best knives that GEC has ever produced (obviously, that is my opinion). The M&G is the finest knife that GEC has produced so far this year (again, 'tis only my opinion) and the Conductor is a neat little knife that I have not taken the time to fully appreciate yet.

Asa8EZm.jpg

Terrific trio Dylan, I was going to post up the 2020 thread (small bonus giveaway this year) today, but I'm finding it very painful to sit at my computer due to my latest bad back misadventure :( :thumbsup:

A beefy German stockman and a sleek Italian slicer for today's totes. :)

Pretty and practical pair JJ, I've had a few of those Maserins, and they are great slicers :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I had a good hike yesterday, but injured my back getting over a broken stile, so no pics today I'm afraid, as sitting at my computer chair is painful. Carrying my Hartshead Barlow and Charlie's Black Jack. Have a pleasant Sunday folks :thumbsup:

Before:
YBJwEZ.jpg

After:
MWh4cH.jpg

Fine job re-tipping that old Case - nice EDC. OH

The bottom one, pikku-tommi (small tommi) by Mauno Keränen. From top to bottom:
Varusteleka Jääkäri 85
Enzo (Brisa) Elwer
Varusteleka Jääkäri 140
Tommi - puukko, I can't now remember the maker
Kullervo-puukko by Veikko Hakkarainen
Birch bark handle puukko by Kauhavan puukkopaja
Whittling - puukko by Juho Perttula
And the one I mentioned first.

And by the way, it is the independence day of Finland today. Because of covid 19 most people are celebrating it in their own homes, as I am with my family.

gceHGBV.jpg

Thanks a lot JJ, I have had that knife a few years now, and it cost me £8! I have a friend who buys and sells second-hand tools, and it was in with a load he had bought. I didn't know him so well at the time, and he thought that I was only interested in folders, so he didn't set it aside for me. The first I knew of it was when another feller picked it up, and was having a good look at it. My mate told him it was £10. I said it was a bargain, and advised the bloke looking at it to buy it. I told him that if he didn't, I definitely would. He looked at it some more, then said he wasn't going to bother, as he reckoned he could always make a knife like that. I told my pal that it was worth more than £10, but he wouldn't even take that off me :D I think someone made it from an O1 blade, but they did a good job, and it came in a decent sheath. Takes a razor sharp edge too :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Dean, great pics from your hike my friend :) I just had an idea for seasonal slingshot targets! :D :thumbsup:

Terrific trio Dylan, I was going to post up the 2020 thread (small bonus giveaway this year) today, but I'm finding it very painful to sit at my computer due to my latest bad back misadventure :( :thumbsup:

Pretty and practical pair JJ, I've had a few of those Maserins, and they are great slicers :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I had a good hike yesterday, but injured my back getting over a broken stile, so no pics today I'm afraid, as sitting at my computer chair is painful. Carrying my Hartshead Barlow and Charlie's Black Jack. Have a pleasant Sunday folks :thumbsup:

I’m with Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe Attornies At Law. Who owns this broken stile that caused your unfortunate injury?:cool:

Sorry to hear you’ve done it again, old chap!:(

The bottom one, pikku-tommi (small tommi) by Mauno Keränen. From top to bottom:
Varusteleka Jääkäri 85
Enzo (Brisa) Elwer
Varusteleka Jääkäri 140
Tommi - puukko, I can't now remember the maker
Kullervo-puukko by Veikko Hakkarainen
Birch bark handle puukko by Kauhavan puukkopaja
Whittling - puukko by Juho Perttula
And the one I mentioned first.

And by the way, it is the independence day of Finland today. Because of covid 19 most people are celebrating it in their own homes, as I am with my family.

gceHGBV.jpg
Great knives, HF!
Happy Independence Day!

Really nice festive picture. :cool::thumbsup:

Great photo!!! :cool::thumbsup:

Best looking Opinel I've seen. :cool::thumbsup:

One of my favorite Case patterns, the Dogleg Jack. :cool::thumbsup:
That red bone is fantastic and you did a great job of bringing back the blade.

I know, ammo prices have gotten ridiculous.
Short story... I gave my best friend a Ruger .45 Colt many years ago. Many times when I'd visit him, he'd pull it out and we'd admire it. I often teased him that I was going to steal it back. Shortly after he passed away I took his kids trap shooting and they presented me with his pistol, saying he'd want me to have it back. We all fired a round through it and kept the brass as a memento of the occasion.

Nice Case Whittler. :cool::thumbsup:
You've inspired me to carry one today.

That Schrade jack is wonderful. :cool::thumbsup:

Back