What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Gold Member
Yesterday’s carry...

A0-B91-D1-F-DD10-4653-AE26-597-BCA2-D7-D1-A.jpg

Todays carry...

1-D973067-8-AA9-4-E6-E-8916-74953510-F514.jpg

Amir Fleschwund

Gold Member
Is that the new Snakeskin Acrylic? I didn't realize how gold and sparkly it was. :cool: Nice!

A couple of obscure oldies today. Howard Bros. and Jones & Son:
vvON7LM.jpg

R8shell, don't know if this is the same "Jones", but I found this: https://www.hawleysheffieldknives.com/n-fulldetails.php?val=j&kel=809

Rachell, check out this thread about obscure brands. Jones and son is on the master list, and this page shows a German made Jones and son pen...

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.co...42&p=197172&hilit=jones+and+son+knife#p197172

r8shell

Platinum Member
I have to admit that I never really gave SAKs a chance. I had a cheap knockoff when I was a kid, and I think it put me off the real thing. I decided I'd give them a try (with a real Vic this time) since I see so many here. I went with an electrician because I like the aluminum scales and the straight edge of the sheepsfoot. It doesn't hurt that I'm an electronics technician too. I've been carrying it all week and so far I really like it. I also have an officer, but I think it actually belongs to my wife and I've only carried it once.
tv5t7CR.jpg

sunknife

Gold Member
I believe you're right,Antique bone.:thumbsup: I realized after I posted that the bone looked familiar for some reason. Went back in my pic files and found these 2 that I purchased as Christmas gifts just a year ago, I have such a poor memory. :oops: Tribal lock and canoe, such good looking bone.
View attachment 1470845 View attachment 1470848

Thanks my friend. :thumbsup: Those knives were gifted to 2 of my son in laws last Christmas.
To correct myself Case actually calls this bone 'burnt amber jigged bone'.

Today I'm packing two whittler patterns, 4" Klaas in stag and a 3-3/8" Ulster swell center in bone. Someone prior to my getting it a few years ago must have carried and used this Ulster for years, the jigging is mostly worn off. Still snappy though and full of character.
Klaas & Ulster whittlers - 1.jpeg

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC