What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

aDCTByP.jpg

Case med stockman with me today.

Seems like I'm awfully busy these days. Teaching a class during this pandemic makes me feel 50 years younger: 50 years ago I had no idea what I was doing in class and it took me forever to get ready for teaching. And that's exactly what it's like here in my "golden years"! :eek::(

Anyway, I don't get to BF as much as I used to, and I discovered I have a bunch of multi quotes saved up. I don't know when I saved them or what they're about, so this will be a journey of re-disovery for me. :(

Western
14W5wOM.jpg

That's a beauty! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I don't think I've ever seen a Western knife in person.

Your Schrade half-congress is a dream come true, Gev!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think gps nav is handy for the first time trying to find an address in a strange town ~ after that they quite literally block my brain from navigating and actually learning a new area.

You know what’s fun? Make note of interesting terrain/geography, and later use google earth to see what it looks like in detail.
Today, I have my Eye Witness and Camillus barlow...View attachment 1465183
I often come back from one of my "urban hikes" and pull up Google maps to see where the heck I've just been! :rolleyes:
Jeff, that Tip Top is what it says, the Schrade whittler is stunning, and I admire the stripes on your walnut TEW lambsfoot! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

GT, Eleanor has handled everything this year surprisingly well (certainly better than some adults :rolleyes:), but it is hard to see her missing out on things that she loves to do.
:cool::cool::thumbsup:

Another Two TEWs Tuesday :

Harry
Those are very gentlemanly, Harry! Nice!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Two PAL's for Tuesday

GqCB6Rw.jpg
Your PALs have some noteworthy bone, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I already had a handful of Bull Noses from previous runs, so the Muslin Micarta was the only one I bought that time around. I think it’s one of the more interesting Micartas that GEC uses. I do enjoy the #71! :D

WlXfKMC.jpg
Impressive line-up, Barrett! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Do you have any Case Sodbuster Jr.s? If so, how do the Bull Noses and the SBJrs compare?

A new Case Tear Drop Jack in CV (very well built) and a Radio Shack red cellidor Electrician today:thumbsup:
9kH76I.jpg
I'm a big fan of the Alox Electrician, Paul, and that celidor version is a cool variation! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

They got the bolsters and handles right on that one, they are great. :cool::thumbsup:
I really wish they had done that same setup with a clip point or drop point blade.
RR seems to be on a kick of running "unique" knives lately. o_O
I have both of these in the small and large both with smooth bone, great knives, i use for slicing and cutting cheese. But what you say is correct, the above bone with a clip point, and i'm all over it. I hope they get back to just making some old patterns.
The scales look great. I just don't get the choil/tang dohickey with this pattern. Maybe in the hand it might make more sense.
Thanks, guys. :)
I'm not from the American South, so this is just hearsay, but my understanding is that the cotton sampler is a very traditional old pattern (with a very unusual, but traditional, blade).

I miss going to Barnitt's hardware store :( Smashing trio of knives Gary :) :thumbsup:

Stan Shaw has been very much in my thoughts these past few days, and particularly so today, on his 94th birthday, Carrying my Stan Shaw Sheepsfoot, along with my regular Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

RBUxqhv.jpg

kUg9WSv.jpg
Thanks, Jack. :) Maybe with vaccines starting to be given, you'll get back to Barnitt's before Yorkshire Day! :thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for all your recent musings, postings, and photos related to Stan Shaw and his birthday, Jack. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: The knife he made for you is ravishing!

I carry this Bulldog Barlow in Ram's horn on my pocket.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I always admire that Bulldog Barlow, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Totin' an A Wright Lamb and an Old Queen Stockman for Wooden Wednesday.
Good morning! I went out around 6 to start Pam's car to warm up and to roll the trash to the curb. It was 21°F with no wind and we had a frost that looked like a young snow! :eek: So my photos are from indoors this morning! :rolleyes: I'm carrying a new Opinel No.8 Sandvik with a Walnut handle, along with my Rosewood Hartshead Barlow! Y'all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

50672030392_19b77991b1_o.jpg
Lovely Lumber, John & Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

A great trio of International knives Gary! :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words, Ron. :)

Thanks John! :) I'm finding the Opi's to be fantastic slicers! :thumbsup:
You know what Carl J jackknife always says: "They cut like the dickens!"
My experience is that Carl knows of what he speaks! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Just arrived, Le Thiers Pocket par Fontenille Pataud in stag.:)
Congrats on the incredibly handsome new knife, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Gary! We had a nice visit! :cool: I like that Schrade Whittler my friend! :) :thumbsup:
Very attractive Whittler, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
Thank you kindly Gary, what a handsome Whittler :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Ron & John & Jack; I appreciate your frequent encouragement. :)

It is a beauty, gift from Âchillepattada Âchillepattada . As for the Danish cookies, I saw my daughter with a small tin. She keeps sewing stuff in it. I mentioned that my grandmother always had a tin of Danish butter cookies around, and wanted to buy some. I guess she went shopping with my wife, because they brought that tin home recently. Didn't last long, even though a "serving size" is four cookies!
Carrying the Laguiole again today:
ZnS7W3m.jpg
Thanks for "the rest of the story", Vince. :)
That Lag looks luxurious on leather! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Very nice GT, simple knife with an attractive woodgrain. OH
Thanks, Bruce; lot of "sentimental value" in that knife. :)

Two for today, a Böker Whittler in my LFP and small Case in my watchpocket. OH
B-ker-280-sharpening-tip.jpg

Case-63027-Small-Stockman-1981-Zeke.jpg
Potent pair of pocket knives, Bruce! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Buck 501 and Victorinox Pioneer.

CGiDShE.jpg
Sweet pair, ED! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: That Buck isn't nearly as big as I'd thought it was (which makes it even more appealing to me)!

Thanks Gary and nice totes !
Thanks, Steve. :)

Sunlight!
CS0J2An.jpg
Nice photo of a tremendous trio! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Toting this pair of wood covered slicers today. :)
Wow; élancé et élégant, JJ!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Fantastic foursome of 3 great patterns; really like the Imperial canoe family! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you, sir! :)

- GT

I really enjoy mine, easy to carry and I like the thin blade. It is big #19 with a long (California?) clip instead of the wharncliffe.
I like the blade shape, it's the handle shape that's putting me off.

Teaching a class during this pandemic makes me feel 50 years younger: 50 years ago I had no idea what I was doing in class and it took me forever to get ready for teaching. And that's exactly what it's like here in my "golden years"!
Lol... I laughed so hard... :D:thumbsup:

Lovely Lumber, John & Ron!
Thank you, GT. :)

Second one I've seen in as many weeks... I need one, it has the perfect combination of blades.

Wow; élancé et élégant, JJ!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Thanks a lot, Gary!!!
Watch pocket knife this week is a Colonial wireframe clip/caplifter (thanks, Dave):
colonial-caplifter-open-jpg.1471395

Big knife this week is a 4" closed Buck clip/spey toothpick:
toothpick-big-mark-open-jpg.1471397

Miscellaneous knife this week is a Schrade+ USA 93OT (thanks for the GAW, Fausto):
93ot-mark-open-jpg.1471400
Great triple group of jack totes for you today; extremely cool blade variety and combinations, too!:D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Getting into the holiday spirit with my Charlie Lamb.

Cool pic John :) :thumbsup:

Toting a couple Cases today. :)

Two quality Cases, which go together very nicely JJ :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) Maybe with vaccines starting to be given, you'll get back to Barnitt's before Yorkshire Day! :thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for all your recent musings, postings, and photos related to Stan Shaw and his birthday, Jack. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: The knife he made for you is ravishing!

A most enjoyable post GT :) Thank you my friend, I sure hope so :thumbsup:

Watch pocket knife this week is a Colonial wireframe clip/caplifter (thanks, Dave):
View attachment 1471395

Big knife this week is a 4" closed Buck clip/spey toothpick:
View attachment 1471397

Miscellaneous knife this week is a Schrade+ USA 93OT (thanks for the GAW, Fausto):
View attachment 1471400

- GT

Three good 'uns there Gary, I always enjoy seeing that Colonial :cool: :thumbsup:

Got a sick note for yesterday :rolleyes: Carrying my Hartshead Barlow again today, and my Todd Davison Sheepsfoot :) :thumbsup:

seFMHRd.jpg

8zDsVDF.jpg

Thanks, Bruce; lot of "sentimental value" in that knife. :)

Potent pair of pocket knives, Bruce! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gary, how you manage to keep up with so many posts in this thread is amazing (especially given how fast it moves). Thanks for your kind remarks. OH

Back