What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

8nLbxpN.jpg

I am thinking I got this at the sporting goods department of a now defunct retailer just before Schrade folded, but don't hold me to that dating. The 12OT is a capable little knife. This one spent many years as a daily carry. At this point the action is about gone so its now an occasional. I still have the box.

Too funny! Just finished fixing my mother-n-law’s mail box (knocked off its post by an errant football) and had this no foo foo weekend workhorse to help me out.
View attachment 1476451
Awesome 86! Love the wrench shield on those. Always something to do around the house.

Your avatar reminds me of a picture I took and few weeks back, check that big boy out. Of course my Barlow was in my pocket when I caught him! :cool:
011534D1-F189-47DD-BFB2-8B4A421DE313.jpeg

This may not be the place where this should be posted , but since it is one of the Highest Viewed threads there is , this is where I am going to post it and this will be tough for me to do .
Today I lost a very good friend to me and a good friend to many of you . His wife has asked to let you all know that @Half/Stop Ron passed away . He had open heart surgery for a Torn Aorta about 3 weeks ago and was back at home for about 2 weeks . He collapsed this afternoon and was rushed to the hospital but was not strong enough to survive . I know some of you asked about him , but he did not want it to be known as to why he wasn't on the Forums . At one point , it appeared that he was Okay a couple of weeks ago , but that eventually changed . I know for a fact that I will miss him and his phone calls .
When Ron was young and running a Paper Route he would go down to the local hardware store and buy a knife on lay-away . So you know he had been collecting for a few years . He was 66 years old . In the Louis Lamour books about the Sacketts , they talked about " A Guy Good Enough To Ride The River With " . I would have " rode the river " with Ron .

Harry
Well daRn. :(
Sad news indeed. :(
Condolences to his family and many friends.

I was recently informed that "EDC" includes what is in pack, bag or etc. that is "at hand". Not just what is in the pocket(s) and/or on the belt.

I decided to add the Cold Steel KUDU to one of my cargo pants pocket, "Just Because." and/or "Why Not?".
The Marbles MR278 "G.I. Utility Knife" and Victorinox SAK "Signature" are clipped to my primary "Euro Style" Rollator walker.
The slingshot, chew "tin" of marbles and clay balls, and the Cold Steel FINN BEAR, (in a sheath) are in that Rollator's tote/shopping bag.
The Buck 110 (still the August, 2020 web Special) is on my belt, and the Marbles MR431 D2 Sowbelly is in my right front pocket.

View attachment 1476480

(I moved the Mora Number 1 that was kept in this Rollator's tote/shopping bag, over to my secondary (it gots no seat*) Rollator walker's tote/shopping bag, today.)

(* I can't walk 0.25 miles without having to stop and sit until pain in hips, knees and lower back dissipates. A Rollator with a seat ensures I always have a place to sit. :D )

Awesome 86! Love the wrench shield on those. Always something to do around the house.

Your avatar reminds me of a picture I took and few weeks back, check that big boy out. Of course my Barlow was in my pocket when I caught him! :cool:
View attachment 1476456
That’s a nice one! Yeah the “bigfish” thing is sort of like when a large man is nicknamed “Tiny” because anytime we go fishing I always seem to catch the smallest fish. :rolleyes: That, and the fact that bluegills are probably my favorite fish to catch, especially with a fly rod. Around here our season is over, looks like it’s still going strong there!

Back