What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Tidioute for Tuesday,
v2OJfnj.jpg

I haven't been posting as much as usual since I've been carrying the same knife for a couple of weeks now. I almost switched to my peanut today, but the reamer on the electrician came in handy to clear out some holes for a rope on my daughter's sled.
U8KIc7J.jpg

These two today. I have the week off, so the chore list is stacking up. The Trestle Pine is proving to be a capable worker, holding its own up against the TL-29.

Have a great one!

Must be a tough one if it compares to the mighty TL-29!:cool:
Enjoy that week off~ hope the new job is working out.
Remember, chores will still be there when you feel like it. Go play with the kids.
I am carrying others as well (of course) but I just got this German Linder tuxedo sampler which I will have in my pocket for awhile. All steel and stabilized (rosewood?) covers, one spring, half stops and sharp ( a rare thing for a new knife). Now I need to scare up some victuals for 'sampling.' I am thinking New Year's Eve will be a good test- charcuterie, cheeses; I may not need it for the mini marshmallows in the cocoa. Who said anything about hot buttered rum, anyway?
View attachment 1481519 View attachment 1481520
Funny you mention charcuterie. We had a craft sale in the barn at the farm before Christmas. I used my limited skills to make a bunch of crafts.
Just before that, an ancient ash fell over my back fence, so I started making stuff out of it. Used my chainsaw to cut big rounds, and lengthwise boards, thinking I would make live edge serving trays. My son in Denver saw a photo, and declared them to be charcuterie boards. That was completely foreign to me, but now I’m making them for a young lady in Colorado who’s starting up a new charcuterie catering business.
Here’s what they look like~
View attachment 1481606 View attachment 1481607

I’m no Matlock, but I detect that you must be on a trip. Your profile says Illinois, but you are skiing on slopes. The only ski slopes around here are man made - usually a big pile of landfill with a little dirt and sod topped with white stuff from a snow machine. Nothing to brag about!
But when your first post mentioned 9” of snow predicted, I got excited. I’m a little kid at heart.
Me too, love real snow, but plenty of the fake stuff around here also. We come here (NW corner of IL) once a year to ski, and it snows (real snow) every time. No landfills, just skiing down the bluffs of the Mississippi River, and drinking some pretty good local brew!

Me too, love real snow, but plenty of the fake stuff around here also. We come here (NW corner of IL) once a year to ski, and it snows (real snow) every time. No landfills, just skiing down the bluffs of the Mississippi River, and drinking some pretty good local brew!
I know where you are. Maybe Chestnut?
The kids and grandkids love the tobaggan runs. Well, we all do.

We’re supposed to get snow here. I hope we do. I just bought an awd Subaru, and I can’t wait to try it in the slop.:D

I know where you are. Maybe Chestnut?
The kids and grandkids love the tobaggan runs. Well, we all do.
Yep, got our skiing in early today, the snow is just beginning, also talking sleet and maybe a light glaze of ice. Snow is no big deal but the ice is a different story altogether. Truck is parked, we’ll be walking the rest of the day!

Norman Maclean:
[narrating] Like many fly fishermen in western Montana where the summer days are almost Arctic in length, I often do not start fishing until the cool of the evening. Then in the Arctic half-light of the canyon, all existence fades to a being with my soul and memories and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot River and a four-count rhythm and the hope that a fish will rise. Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of those rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.

50776533762_009700cfd2_b.jpg

Many thanks JJ, nice pair there, I always enjoy seeing that tortoiseshell acrylic :) :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot, Jack!!!
Hope everyone's week got off to a reasonable start. I'm still stuck on the sofa, posting from my phone o_O Sticking with my Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

img_20201229_094250709-jpg.1481391
You have an excellent cutter and a classic bottle opener, now all you need is a frosty beverage; hope your back is on the mend, too!:cool::cool::thumbsup:

I've admired the Mini Copperheads and that is a nice one; that jack is off the charts though. :D

Love the bone on both of these! :)
Thank you, Michael, for your compliments. :)

Still this old friend for another day.
full

That is an excellent shot of the classic Peanut. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reminder... I need to purchase a Pocket Hunter before they disappear.

Get 'em while they're hot, they're flying off the shelf! :D I spent quite awhile looking before I picked the one I bought.

Back