What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

2. Corto_Malt

Corto_Malt Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Nice handle
    It must be very light.

Pt-Luso likes this.
  3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Great looking pair, Harry.
    I hope they do make you feel good.

No need for a Beer Scout with that pair. :cool::thumbsup:

4. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I have to clean gutters today... my wife told me so. ;)
    So today I'll have my Usual Lamb and my Case Dirty Work Knife. :cool::thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

5. Corto_Malt

Corto_Malt Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 6, 2020
  6. Stephen byrne

Stephen byrne

Apr 21, 2018
    [​IMG] A pair of hard workers
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  7. guy g

guy g Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 22, 2000
    17 deg outside here in the Land Of Entrapment. Wife's BD, gonna take her shopping and to Lunch..
    These going with me today.. 56128E14-E72A-4CFC-A808-3B491F83BCE9.jpeg

Reaper AL, 315, RLB0414 and 20 others like this.
  8. Lesknife

Lesknife Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 31, 2018
    I’m carrying my trusty Buck 303 Cadet as usual. The few times I’ve forgot to put it in my pocket is when I find how much I rely on it. It’s not a big knife but it does it’s fair share and is worth the effort to carry daily. I also carry a larger modern flipper and I have a Buck 110 close by in my pickup for even larger tasks. I like versatility and to be as prepared as much as possible.

9. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Stellar stag, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) ("that little Opi" is the biggest one I have, a No. 8. :rolleyes:)
    The book by Jack Black looked intriguing, but I was actually referring to a photo of your stag HHB on a book titled Sheffield Steel, another Christmas gift IIRC. :thumbsup:;)

Thanks for your pruner praise, Bruce & Dean & John. :) I agree that the blue Alox is appealing.

Congrats, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: That Possum Skinner is a real prize IMHO!

Why you proudly display that knife is certainly no puzzle, Mike! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good eye, Michael, and thanks. :) I really like the maroon with black swirls (or whatever the color is) on the knife, but have no idea what the material is. Sort of reminds me of 1950s telephones in terms of texture/feel – Bakelite? I've tried to polish the handles to bring out more of the color, but didn't have much effect. Here's another photo with artificial light that might show off the covers a bit more:
    holub.elec.jpg

Platonic ideal of a Peanut! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'm thinking of limiting my Case knife purchases from now on to the classic yellow delrin CV models (and maybe a chestnut jigged bone canoe if I ever see one in my price range, or maybe an occasional navy blue jigged bone with red shield, or ... :rolleyes:).

Thanks for seeing something and saying something, JJ! ;)

Nice knives, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::cool: And I don't know much biology, so it's good for me to learn a little more taxonomy from your post! ;):thumbsup:

It's fun to see your relationship with the knife develop, Rick! ;):cool::cool:

Sorry to read about your photo-posting frustrations, Jeff. :thumbsdown::( I wish I could make some helpful suggestions, but much of the tech stuff is just magic to me. :rolleyes:

Regarding the trip for moving your son, I guess I'll say, "Could be worse!" :rolleyes:
    Three fine knives you posted! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Nice knives, Jeff, and cool calendar (even though I'm not any kind of guitar guy)! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    And congrats on the new-to-you car gift! I read in a different post that it's a Subaru: Outback or Forester, maybe? I encourage you to keep driving your Scion till it drops. I think that's been an economical car strategy for me over the past 50+ years. ;)

Same knife, but many different and creative photos! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

IMHO, you've got mad skilz in a variety of areas, Jeff! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the Case jack, Steve; amazing bone!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I can hear music, sweet sweet music, from that pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Rousing, ravishing riot of red, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Beautiful Bulldog Barlows, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

10. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks John :) The industrial grade bottle opener was a gift from @Reaper AL :cool: :thumbsup:

Good luck my friend, I hope it's warmer today than it is here :) Handsome pair to help you out :thumbsup:

Reaper AL likes this.
  11. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    orange alox cadet

guy g and Trvr like this.
  12. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    They do John !!!! Wart Hog Ivory and Desert Ironwood are much wanted knife handle material for my meager collection . My next Ivory is on the way .

Harry

Reaper AL, guy g and JohnDF like this.
  13. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Still like that belt knife, or does it have a pocket sheath?
    Have fun relocating snow today, my friend! I just finished.
    Yellow delrin rocks. And do NOT slip and fall digging out those gutters!
    Great fixed blade!

Thanks for the kind comments, Gary.
    We bought the Crosstrek. Plenty big for me, low miles, and it came with winter tires mounted, and a full set of regular tires,too.

Old Engineer likes this.
  14. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Plum wood Boker for Wednesday, and a long drive home! 0F4AC722-151A-4799-BCA7-BCF4BCA47412.jpeg

Reaper AL, btb01, Pt-Luso and 25 others like this.
  15. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Yes, it could.
    It wasn't all bad.

Nope... It's freezing out there... waiting for it to warm up a bit.

Let's hope not.
    But, I'll have my 6'5" - 280lb. son spotting the ladder for me, he can catch me if I slip. ;)

16. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    8C47733E-D922-48E8-87AB-EE42E0AD4FEB.jpeg FC5F4582-183B-4C29-9743-DBB4AD3B21DE.jpeg Old Schrade Walden 204 in cocobolo, and a 503 SC with replaced blade.

17. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Drive safe. :)

18. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  19. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thank you Jeff !!! I have 3 of that series with a 4 th on the way . They are small enough that I carry them in their sheath in a front pocket .
    I will be going out shortly to re-locate about 6 inches of snow on our patio . We have hired a snow removal guy this year . I find it more than I want to put up with at my age .

Harry

Reaper AL, btb01 and Amir Fleschwund like this.
  20. Spaten

Spaten Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 27, 2015
    That’s a big boy. Why bother with the ladder? Sounds like he could just lift you by the ankles. :eek:

Jack Black likes this.