What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Travman

Gold Member
B0lAyfq.jpg

Lesknife

Platinum Member
I’m carrying my trusty Buck 303 Cadet as usual. The few times I’ve forgot to put it in my pocket is when I find how much I rely on it. It’s not a big knife but it does it’s fair share and is worth the effort to carry daily. I also carry a larger modern flipper and I have a Buck 110 close by in my pickup for even larger tasks. I like versatility and to be as prepared as much as possible.

5K Qs

Gold Member
Stellar stag, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Gary! Once in awhile I impress myself with my wit!:D;)
:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, a book I was given for Christmas. That Jack Black was even more of a scoundrel than me! :D I love that little Opi :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :) ("that little Opi" is the biggest one I have, a No. 8. :rolleyes:)
The book by Jack Black looked intriguing, but I was actually referring to a photo of your stag HHB on a book titled Sheffield Steel, another Christmas gift IIRC. :thumbsup:;)

Thank you sir for your many nice comments over the past year(s). You have a lot of nice knives yourself and your blue ALOX right is a fine color, dresses the ALOX up quite a bit. OH
Thank you, Gary! Two thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup: to the your BLUE Vic Pruner, a stunning knife.
I love that blue color. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for your pruner praise, Bruce & Dean & John. :) I agree that the blue Alox is appealing.

Some new Micarta

M9wu0M8.jpg
Congrats, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: That Possum Skinner is a real prize IMHO!

Wharncliffe Trapper for today.
KCGKNWz.jpg
Why you proudly display that knife is certainly no puzzle, Mike! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Very interesting covers on that Holub. :cool:
Good eye, Michael, and thanks. :) I really like the maroon with black swirls (or whatever the color is) on the knife, but have no idea what the material is. Sort of reminds me of 1950s telephones in terms of texture/feel – Bakelite? I've tried to polish the handles to bring out more of the color, but didn't have much effect. Here's another photo with artificial light that might show off the covers a bit more:
holub.elec.jpg

Still this old friend for another day.
full
Platonic ideal of a Peanut! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'm thinking of limiting my Case knife purchases from now on to the classic yellow delrin CV models (and maybe a chestnut jigged bone canoe if I ever see one in my price range, or maybe an occasional navy blue jigged bone with red shield, or ... :rolleyes:).

Thanks Gary!!! If I find a clean, old tote I keep them well oiled. :)

Cool mix of totes for your foursome; I'm a huge fan of those Opinel super slicers!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for seeing something and saying something, JJ! ;)

Today is Giraffidae
Nice knives, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::cool: And I don't know much biology, so it's good for me to learn a little more taxonomy from your post! ;):thumbsup:

It's beginning to look like this Vest Pocket Semi-Skinner is going to be in my pocket for a while. I'll stop posting pictures of it eventually.

View attachment 1481412
It's fun to see your relationship with the knife develop, Rick! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks, Gary~ you’re very kind. I’ve been taking what I thought were much better photos the last three days, but consistently get the dreaded “TOO LARGE FOR THE SERVER TO PROCESS”.
I had about given up the other day. No matter how much editing and re-sizing, none of my photos were accepted. For some reason though, photos posed on one of my two old tables work.
Probably my satellite based internet.

Sorry to read about your photo-posting frustrations, Jeff. :thumbsdown::( I wish I could make some helpful suggestions, but much of the tech stuff is just magic to me. :rolleyes:

Got my son moved back to Santa Clara.

Him and a buddy rented an apartment down there, even though the school is being held virtual. There may be some Physics labs they can attend. Sad to see him move back there but happy he's spreading his wings and being independent. It was the usual chaos with traffic, hurt my back unloading things and assembly that stupid IKEA furniture, and my arthritis is at full flare-up in my hands. Worst part is everything is closed, so no stopping on the trip for restrooms or dining. The things we do for our kids. ;)

Had lots of opportunities to use my pocket knife though. That always brings me a little joy and reminds me of better times. The little Case Dogleg Jack sliced like a champ and kept asking for more. It helped my cut my sandwich. It cut cardboard, string, rope, nylon straps, plastic bags holding millions of tiny parts and fasteners (I hate IKEA), and rode comfortably in my pocket the whole trip. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today I will be carrying my Usual Lamb and my Old Boker USA Jack...
Regarding the trip for moving your son, I guess I'll say, "Could be worse!" :rolleyes:
Three fine knives you posted! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Today, I have two favorites. The trapper I bought new in the ‘70s, and the matching stockman kindly given to me by @r8shell.
Several of you have mentioned the pending expiration of the year 2020. In the hopes that 2021 goes better, my knives are posted on the calendar Mrs Fleschwund gave me. Buying a calendar is symbolically an exercise in optimism, right?
Personally, I had a good year, considering that it started on New Years Day with emergency surgery for a burst appendix.
And for Christmas and my birthday combined, she took me shopping (and looking, reading, researching online), and bought me a new-to-me car. The last new car I bought, and it was actually new, was 14 years ago, and even though it’s pushing 400,000 miles, still runs like a top. It’s worth nothing as a trade in or to sell, and the junk yard offered only $250 for it, so I’ll keep it for now. It’s a hatchback, so I can put a huge plastic tote in there and run over to the stables down the road and get manure for the garden.:D Nice to have a utility vehicle that you can dirty up.
Have a great Tuesday! View attachment 1481422 View attachment 1481423
Nice knives, Jeff, and cool calendar (even though I'm not any kind of guitar guy)! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
And congrats on the new-to-you car gift! I read in a different post that it's a Subaru: Outback or Forester, maybe? I encourage you to keep driving your Scion till it drops. I think that's been an economical car strategy for me over the past 50+ years. ;)

I haven't been posting as much as usual since I've been carrying the same knife for a couple of weeks now. I almost switched to my peanut today, but the reamer on the electrician came in handy to clear out some holes for a rope on my daughter's sled.
U8KIc7J.jpg
Same knife, but many different and creative photos! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Funny you mention charcuterie. We had a craft sale in the barn at the farm before Christmas. I used my limited skills to make a bunch of crafts.
Just before that, an ancient ash fell over my back fence, so I started making stuff out of it. Used my chainsaw to cut big rounds, and lengthwise boards, thinking I would make live edge serving trays. My son in Denver saw a photo, and declared them to be charcuterie boards. That was completely foreign to me, but now I’m making them for a young lady in Colorado who’s starting up a new charcuterie catering business.
Here’s what they look like~
View attachment 1481606 View attachment 1481607
IMHO, you've got mad skilz in a variety of areas, Jeff! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stockyard Whittler and a new to me Case Barehead Jack

Q87Vpf2.jpg
Congrats on the Case jack, Steve; amazing bone!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I can hear music, sweet sweet music, from that pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I carried my Blood Red TC Barlow and Crimson Case stockman today.

View attachment 1481740
Rousing, ravishing riot of red, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Beautiful Bulldog Barlows, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Amir Fleschwund

Gold Member
These 2 today : A couple of "Feel Good " knives

Harry
Still like that belt knife, or does it have a pocket sheath?
Have fun relocating snow today, my friend! I just finished.
I have to clean gutters today... my wife told me so. ;)
So today I'll have my Usual Lamb and my Case Dirty Work Knife. :cool::thumbsup:
Yellow delrin rocks. And do NOT slip and fall digging out those gutters!
20201230_144837.jpg
A pair of hard workers
20201230_144052.jpg
Great fixed blade!

Stellar stag, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) ("that little Opi" is the biggest one I have, a No. 8. :rolleyes:)
The book by Jack Black looked intriguing, but I was actually referring to a photo of your stag HHB on a book titled Sheffield Steel, another Christmas gift IIRC. :thumbsup:;)

Thanks for your pruner praise, Bruce & Dean & John. :) I agree that the blue Alox is appealing.

Congrats, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: That Possum Skinner is a real prize IMHO!

Why you proudly display that knife is certainly no puzzle, Mike! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good eye, Michael, and thanks. :) I really like the maroon with black swirls (or whatever the color is) on the knife, but have no idea what the material is. Sort of reminds me of 1950s telephones in terms of texture/feel – Bakelite? I've tried to polish the handles to bring out more of the color, but didn't have much effect. Here's another photo with artificial light that might show off the covers a bit more:
View attachment 1482129

Platonic ideal of a Peanut! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'm thinking of limiting my Case knife purchases from now on to the classic yellow delrin CV models (and maybe a chestnut jigged bone canoe if I ever see one in my price range, or maybe an occasional navy blue jigged bone with red shield, or ... :rolleyes:).

Thanks for seeing something and saying something, JJ! ;)

Nice knives, Tom! :thumbsup::cool::cool: And I don't know much biology, so it's good for me to learn a little more taxonomy from your post! ;):thumbsup:

It's fun to see your relationship with the knife develop, Rick! ;):cool::cool:

Sorry to read about your photo-posting frustrations, Jeff. :thumbsdown::( I wish I could make some helpful suggestions, but much of the tech stuff is just magic to me. :rolleyes:

Regarding the trip for moving your son, I guess I'll say, "Could be worse!" :rolleyes:
Three fine knives you posted! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Nice knives, Jeff, and cool calendar (even though I'm not any kind of guitar guy)! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
And congrats on the new-to-you car gift! I read in a different post that it's a Subaru: Outback or Forester, maybe? I encourage you to keep driving your Scion till it drops. I think that's been an economical car strategy for me over the past 50+ years. ;)

Same knife, but many different and creative photos! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

IMHO, you've got mad skilz in a variety of areas, Jeff! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the Case jack, Steve; amazing bone!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I can hear music, sweet sweet music, from that pair! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Rousing, ravishing riot of red, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Beautiful Bulldog Barlows, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT
Thanks for the kind comments, Gary.
We bought the Crosstrek. Plenty big for me, low miles, and it came with winter tires mounted, and a full set of regular tires,too.

JohnDF

Gold Member

Old Engineer

Gold Member
Still like that belt knife, or does it have a pocket sheath?
Have fun relocating snow today, my friend! I just finished.

Thank you Jeff !!! I have 3 of that series with a 4 th on the way . They are small enough that I carry them in their sheath in a front pocket .
I will be going out shortly to re-locate about 6 inches of snow on our patio . We have hired a snow removal guy this year . I find it more than I want to put up with at my age .

Harry

Spaten

Basic Member
Yes, it could.
It wasn't all bad.

Nope... It's freezing out there... waiting for it to warm up a bit.

Let's hope not.
But, I'll have my 6'5" - 280lb. son spotting the ladder for me, he can catch me if I slip. ;)
That’s a big boy. Why bother with the ladder? Sounds like he could just lift you by the ankles. :eek:

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC