What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Mesquite and Macadamia

xwLvTxR.jpg

8<---snipped--->8
Good eye, Michael, and thanks. :) I really like the maroon with black swirls (or whatever the color is) on the knife, but have no idea what the material is. Sort of reminds me of 1950s telephones in terms of texture/feel – Bakelite? I've tried to polish the handles to bring out more of the color, but didn't have much effect. Here's another photo with artificial light that might show off the covers a bit more:
View attachment 1482129

Platonic ideal of a Peanut! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'm thinking of limiting my Case knife purchases from now on to the classic yellow delrin CV models (and maybe a chestnut jigged bone canoe if I ever see one in my price range, or maybe an occasional navy blue jigged bone with red shield, or ... :rolleyes:).
8<---snipped--->8
- GT

Thanks for the follow-up on the Holub! The texture/feel comment adds yet more interest. :thumbsup:

Case's jigged bone is nice to be sure -- hope you get that canoe!

Today the yellow 'nut had apple duty:
full

Love my Electrician. Quite a capable carry and for me a "not-to-worry" one at that. I enjoy your pics of it.

Same knife, but many different and creative photos! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks. The electrician has definitely won me over. I'm carrying it again today.
I like trying to come up with interesting pics. I've been in a bit of a photography rut lately, and working with the limitations of my phone camera helps to get the creative juices flowing again.

Sowbelly stockman this week is a Rough Rider with carbon steel blades and yellow synthetic covers:
View attachment 1481963

"Regular" stockman this week is a Case Caliber LT347:
View attachment 1481964

Premium canoe this week is a Schrade-Wostenholm I*XL stag canoe (thanks for the GAW @cchu518):
View attachment 1481966

Budget canoe this week is a RR Ram's Horn Bone model:
View attachment 1481968

- GT

Your RR Yellow SowbellY stockman is a joY to behold, Gary. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rousing, ravishing riot of red, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Thank you so much, Gary! :)

Back