What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Those are some honest old knives ! :thumbsup:
Keeping me grounded.
thanks, Steve

By the way, how are you totin the 110? Belt sheath, or pocket?

Was not able to get any photos taken of todays carry because of things and rain happening but I had these 2 Old Cattaraugus in my pockets all the time .
Hunters Pride

Congress : I do not carry this often but I really like it . It is a very solid old knife and it has the traditional THWACK sound of a solid and Steel Linered folder .

Harry
I remember the first time we met at the knife show, how you kept an eagle eye for any Cattaraugooses.
Judging by this pair, it’s a worthy quest.

I realize the Hunters Pride is a big knife, but I’ll bet it carries comfy being nice and slim?

Not so bad at 20 yds., John. You need feathers instead of plastic vanes to ride across the arrow shelf, bet you'd be deadeye then.
Here's my best group today and I was shooting from only 10 yds. :rolleyes: View attachment 1541969 :)View attachment 1541968

I was going to say nice pattern, then realized what I was looking at.

What kind of wood do you make your arrows from? I’ve been tempted to try using gray dogwood. It’s weak, but straight as an...well, straight as an arrow.:D I also have an Arrowwood Viburnum that supposedly got it’s name by providing straight stems that the Indians made use of...

What kind of wood do you make your arrows from? I’ve been tempted to try using gray dogwood. It’s weak, but straight as an...well, straight as an arrow.:D I also have an Arrowwood Viburnum that supposedly got it’s name by providing straight stems that the Indians made use of...

I've had bad luck with gray dogwood and don't bother with it anymore, just won't stay straight for me. Red osier a bit better but still prone to warping.
I use a lot of Arrowwood Viburnum and have good luck with it. Season for about 6 months, remove bark, size to preferred diameter, then heat and straighten a few times until it stays that way.
My other favored shaft material is bamboo garden stake from the big box store. Hard to find straight ones but can also be straightened by wiping down with vegetable oil and gently heating and hand straightening. Super strong and durable, not sure Ive ever broken one shooting. :thumbsup:
Dogwood - 1.jpeg

I remember the first time we met at the knife show, how you kept an eagle eye for any Cattaraugooses.
Judging by this pair, it’s a worthy quest.

I realize the Hunters Pride is a big knife, but I’ll bet it carries comfy being nice and slim?
I would still like to get some more Catts , but probably will not . This one has lost a fair amount of blade in length . Yes , it does carry very well and it is still a very sound knife .

Harry

With the Forum Knife discussion getting everyone excited (including myself), I thought I would slip the 2019 knife in my pocket today.

NGvCrOW.jpg

Thank you very kindly, Good Sir!!!

I really like the very cool copper on your slim slicing Boker and anvil; a great companion to your superlative Hartshead!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you very much JJ, the Atlas is my Covid-proof knife! :D ;) :thumbsup:

A couple handy little wood covered slicers, today. :)

Two very striking knives, which pair well together :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. Your Boker Plus Atlas is striking. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Dean, it was very inexpensive :) :thumbsup:

Wooden Wednesday. ;)

Not a terrible 20 yard group. :confused:

I need to invest in some traditional arrows.

Another string to your bow John? :D I didn't realise you were an archer, or perhaps I had just forgotten :rolleyes: Nice shooting buddy, and a great pair of knives too :cool: :thumbsup:

Pairing my pocket-hogging Hartshead Barlow with Charlie's Black Jack today :thumbsup:

wZ2KFPI.jpg

rhiNUPA.jpg

Back