What would be your Apocalypse/End of the World knife?

Hey everyone, I've been watching a lot of The Walking Dead and other zombie/end of the world scenario type movies and they've had me thinking about if I could only have one of my knives in a situation like that, which one would I choose?

I know many members of this forum probably have quite a large stock of knives that could come to use in a situation like this, so what I'm curious about is which one would you all choose to be a well rounded knife to survive in this type of scenario?

The killing zombies part is obviously for fun, but for light wood processing, skinning animals, self defense, and other tasks my choice would be this 1909 Bolo Knife reproduction by Madras Arsenal. 13 inch 5160 blade with Indian rosewood handles.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156504073@N06/38834987260/in/dateposted-public/

What would yours be?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156504073@N06/38834987260/in/dateposted-public/

the-baryonyx-machete-35.gif

Baryonyx Machete

Having just one would probably not happen. The basic approach would be one small totally dependable blade and a beastly knife, perhaps a short machete. But which one(s)? ...haven't decided yet. Perhaps one of my Doziers and a Condor short machete like the Pack Golok. Probably be a folder somewhere too on my person.

Sebenza! Haha. I would want a tough 5”ish blade such as a Survive! GSO 4.7. ...along with a short sword/machete type thing such as a golok for a straight up weapon that does not run out of ammunition.

Busse Team Gemini.

I have previously admitted this, but my pristine TGLB will be cracked out in case of zombie apocalypse (or anything that wipes out power and civilization as we know it).

If I could take a second knife I'd grab a smallish cheap machete (around here it would probably be a Tramontina), it would be more useful than the TGLB and would leave the TGLB to what it's best at, looking cool.

any properly made & tested kukri should do... if I had cash to burn, the JX-5 in 3v would be at the top of the list

BAR10123MBCt.jpg

it's like a modern kukri really, & just under 22 ounces and should be as tough as nails... I'm not sure about it in practical use as I don't own one

I have a Zombie Tools Sharkalope i'd probably use. These things are nearly indestructible. Skallagrim on youtube had to shoot one with a 50 Cal to actually break it.

Back