What would be your Apocalypse/End of the World knife?

1Z4snyJ.jpg
CrWOKmD.jpg

Presuming I survived "the end of the world" event, and to be honest, I'm not so sure that would be a "good" thing. I'd probably just use the knives I normally have on me.
I mean it is unlikely my home would survive whatever the disaster was ... unless I lived in a former missile silo or maybe a cave, so I would probably not be able to go home to get anything else ...
Actually ... would it really be "the end of the world" if the world isn't reduced to space rubble by something like The Empire's Death Star, or a head on collision with another planet?

As for the brain dead Zombies ... they are already flourishing.
For proof of this fact, take a look at political leaders (regardless of party affiliation, or if they are local, state, or federal), the "legal system" (Example: In Delaware, a judge ruled that the Sheriff and the Sheriff's Department do not have the power of arrest. The Sheriff did not have the budget to appeal. The "justice system" has either been on the endangered species list, or has been extinct for decades, if not centuries ... if it ever existed in the first place. Hasn't it always been "The one with the most money gets "justice"?) the news media and "entertainment" industries, the educational system, (they quit teaching students to think and question long, long ago) and those with their nose pointed at their "smartphone", tablet, or TV every waking moment.
I fear the Zombie Apocalypse has already taken place ... and we lost. :(

The killing zombies part is obviously for fun, but for light wood processing, skinning animals, self defense, and other tasks my choice would be this 1909 Bolo Knife reproduction by Madras Arsenal. 13 inch 5160 blade with Indian rosewood handles.

That's a pretty good choice. For a knife in that scenario I'll just take yours.

Got any other good stuff? :cool: Beef jerky? Batteries?

In all seriousness, all TOPs all day.

First the TOPS Ron Hood Atax

6DgE5Lk.jpg

I mean it's "an Ax, a knife, a skinner, a wire cutter, a range finder, a compass, an inclinometer, a clock, a wrench, a hammer, a rescue tool, a survival kit holder, a bow-drill holder, an arrow launcher, and a field level."

C'mon!

Then the TOPS Mykel Hawke Hellion

f3Lapua.jpg

In a survival situation, who doesn't want Myke Hawke? I do!

I'm a bit torn between my TGLB and the Esee Junglas. I'd probably go with the TGLB just for the cool factor.

ETYgpPkh.jpg
SLYp14Sh.jpg
q4JfkuLh.jpg

Well since zombies are not a real thing,and this is just for fun all the knives I got from Budk catalog before I knew any better. Oooh I have a replica pot metal Rapier from Pakistan as well as a Pirate Cutlass but my favorite is the Civil war Navy cutlass with the broad hand guard.

Thanks to the other "knife for the end of the world" or whatever it's called thread, I now know that whatever knife I choose has to be super duper black, have a hollow handle to store ex-lax, sleep/suicide pills, etc., be made of 440a stainless so it vibrates at the right frequency when batoning with rocks, and be at least 11 inches because 10 inches stops the knife from being water proof.
I don't currently have a knife that fits all of those criteria but I am diligently searching through a Budk catalog and I am very confident I will find the right one before any zombies show up.

giphy.gif

Back