What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Just got done heat treating this bowie. Really excited to seeing how the Hamon turns out.
y2O5bLa.jpg

After a quick going over with steel wool and 2 tempers each at 200c.
laNhAoJ.jpg

P.S Don't mind all the rum :p

Not technically my shop, but my buddy that I made an adze head for sent me a picture of the handle he made for it. The wood is ash. Eager to find out how it works.
F1X153Q.jpg

Just got done heat treating this bowie. Really excited to seeing how the Hamon turns out.
y2O5bLa.jpg

After a quick going over with steel wool and 2 tempers each at 200c.
laNhAoJ.jpg

P.S Don't mind all the rum :p

I like the looks of that project!

Made a 2 brick forge today.
sF88cOo.jpg

However I couldn't keep the torch lit cause the bottle was on its side or a crappy torch head. My guess is both. Gonna save up for an atlas 30k burner

Made a 2 brick forge today.
sF88cOo.jpg

However I couldn't keep the torch lit cause the bottle was on its side or a crappy torch head. My guess is both. Gonna save up for an atlas 30k burner
Back the tip of your torch out a bit. The air mixture holes on the torch tip should be just outside the burner hole to get proper gas/air mixture. Bottle on it's side is not a problem.

Back the tip of your torch out a bit. The air mixture holes on the torch tip should be just outside the burner hole to get proper gas/air mixture. Bottle on it's side is not a problem.

I ended up just returning the torch head. I'll grab the mtc25 (I think that's the name. It's the one atlas reccomend) today and try again. This just motivates me to build a real forge honestly

I had a customer ask for a single bevel knife and so I worked something up. Not sure exactly what you might call it, but it's been an interesting journey.
Something like a Yanagiba, but taller, and with hollow urasuki on the face above the shinogi.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Sweden it is.
My cousine emigrated there with her family. We are Dutch. So I am making her a Scandinavian style knife with Dutch oak as a handle. ( I did the same for her sister a few years back)
I thought the blue-yellow guard(bolster) is a nice touch :)

Working some new blanks for handle scales on this next batch of knives I'm finishing up. I did 5 in a simple stonewash with black G10 and this remaining 5 I'm going to do acid washed with "exotic" scales like the photos below. It's burlap micarta and cocobolo with a 45 degree dovetail fit on top of black G10 liners. The other is the same but it is an acrylic type material called "black pearl" fitted up with cocobolo. I also have some burlap with carbon fiber, burlap and ebony, and more black pearl paired with micarta.

xHlrSxm.jpg

BNJQxCu.jpg

Here are the blades I did in a simple stonewash and G10

foaHqYX.jpg

I have to deliver this knife by Christmas, it is in ATS34 with thickness 0.118"

after HT
1s.jpg

80 grit
2s.jpg

400 grit cork belt
3s.jpg

4s.jpg

I have a piece of hippo tooth, it's so old that I do not remember how it came to my lab!
5s.jpg

6s.jpg

meanwhile I keep an integral NYs, here after 80 grit belt
2ny.jpg

here after 400 grit belt
1ny.jpg

Back