What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Name's Josh actually. I'm expecting about 12% shrinkage, when I've needed precise fitting I have used lost wax. have you done metal clays before? I picked these two because they are both torch fireable. Any experience you want to share would be great.

Last edited:
Works in progress. Big 8670 flat ground bushcrafter in Black G10, carbon black pins/SS pins, Elmax (JT heat treated) drop-point pukkoish in bright green/Grey G10 liners

8G1ssPw.jpg

SW4jSfL.jpg

YPmzdrZ.jpg

0YOjkMK.jpg

sK7HZ6l.jpg

I don’t know why those links aren’t working... anybody know?

ETA: HAHA!!! Great SUCCESS!!

Last edited:
I don’t know why those links aren’t working... anybody know?
Use the insert URL function and enter just the url and they should work.

I was able to highlight just the url and do a copy and paste and I was able to see your photos. Nice blade!

I'm looking forward to seeing that cable damascus too
Might inspire me to visit scrap yard for my first attempt

Finished up a Youth model hunter last night. First knife with a real Maker's mark using a stencil that I got from Ernie at Ernie's Knives. Very pleased with the way the mark turned out and Ernie is a great guy to do business with. Specs on the knife are:

Steel: Aldo's 1084
Tan and Green Burlap Mircata
Natural Micarta pins and White Liners
Sheath by Joses Leather
Overall length: 7"
Cutting Edge 3 and 3/8

m0001e.jpg

m0002e.jpg

m0003e.jpg

Grinding day today, pre ht.

92 blades, damascus and AEB-L, cut out, profiled and drilled.

mTX2DsR.jpg

Clean up burrs, straighten get em ready for grinding: Damascus on the right table and AEB-L on the left.

HMKQJVZ.jpg

9XChCtD.jpg

All prepped and ready to have blade center line scribed. Hollow ground blades on one table and FFG on the other:

awfiOzm.jpg

pdpcshg.jpg

Thin stock AEB-L (here .080) will be ground after ht.

EXbbFMR.jpg

70 blades to grind primary bevels on today if I count right. Might not get em all done today.....

Heres a broke back seax inspired chef knife I've been trying to make. Tried forging it twice and it warped to hell so I said screw it and decided on the stock removal method with AEBL. Took like 10 minutes to do lol
6fWQUgj.jpg

And heres a folder I've been working on.
zen1L3p.jpg

Gonna re do the blade then send it out to HT. Fun times

Finished up a Youth model hunter last night. First knife with a real Maker's mark using a stencil that I got from Ernie at Ernie's Knives. Very pleased with the way the mark turned out and Ernie is a great guy to do business with. Specs on the knife are:

Steel: Aldo's 1084
Tan and Green Burlap Mircata
Natural Micarta pins and White Liners
Sheath by Joses Leather
Overall length: 7"
Cutting Edge 3 and 3/8

m0001e.jpg

m0002e.jpg

m0003e.jpg
Beautiful knife! What size of round file do you use to cut your blade choil?

Back