What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Getting close on this one...5/32 52100 with contoured scales in Wenge/Black Limba/Leopardwood. About 9 5/8 x 1 1/2 tall. This one fought me the whole way but I endeavored to persevere. ETA I just received my new Ritza Tiger thread in cream color with appropriate needles so I'll be using that for sewing, hopefully today.
19-15 wip.JPG

Last edited:
havent done a modified octagonal wa handle in awhile...also still messing around with the kasumi style finish

ajPnAsD.jpg

HFDZFkJ.jpg

Hello all. Thought I'd share my first finished blade in almost a year. My house finally sold so I don't have to spend every waking hour working on it and can get back to making knives. But now this means that I'll have to find a new home for my shop....
20190403_150508.jpg 20190403_150552.jpg

Blade is 8 1/2" long, OAL 13 3/4"

Spine thickness 0.087" at the heel tapering to 0.039" at the tip. Thickness above the edge, .020 at the heel and .016 at the tip.

1095/15N20 with ebony handle and brass bolster. (don't ask me how many layers because I made the billet almost 2 years ago, but I think it's around 150)

Did the ICCE show in Ft.Worth TX over the weekend, had a blast, got to hang out with some of the best makers in the country and picked up a couple of pieces to hang on the wall. Very happy and humbled by them.

2v2EtThaqxAWw5m.jpg

Congratulations!

Back