What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Posted these two knives that I found in my "reject drawer" awhile back. Decided that I could save them.

CB0001-e.jpg

Turned them into these.

KS0001e.jpg

PC0001e.jpg

Posted these two knives that I found in my "reject drawer" awhile back. Decided that I could save them.

CB0001-e.jpg

Turned them into these.

KS0001e.jpg

PC0001e.jpg

The font for your makers mark is GORGEOUS, wow. Love that clip point.

Workshop this weekend was frustrating. Hand finishing the blade and trying out the bandsaw went good at first. But then I destroyed a perfectly good bandsaw blade, ruined a wa handle by trying to free grind it and dropped the blade to floor tip down. Etching in vinegar went bad, I guess the brake cleaner left some residue. 1 step forward, 2 steps backward, but I will figure this out.
2QeYWyM.jpg

g8GJhGb.jpg

Havent a clue how to photograph effectively - though diffuse light is clearly a must (to avoid reflections).

to insert pictures i just display the photo on my computer,nthen use the windows snipping tool (which executes a “copy” to clipboard)to grab the portion of the photo i want, then just paste directly into the post

New belt storage - been planning this for something like 2 months, then got a chance to borrow an impact drill. room to separate by grit size, AND to separate ceramic from AO (and to isolate a single "sharpening" belt. Much better than draping belts over the band saw. ON the right you can also see my wood supply. This is a little walkway in my basement leading to the water meter/shutoff. Small space, but I am trying to do with it what I can :) . Maybe now I can develop a system to rotate belts (new, worn but useable, trash)....
upload_2019-10-29_18-13-24.png

This blade was intended as a tester, it was my first attempt at heat treating AEB-L on my own. Aust temp 1065 C for 15 min, plate + pressurized air quench, -30 C over night and temper at 175 C for 2 hours. Everything turned out great, so it got promoted to small user wit textured G-10 and (hardly visible) yellow G10 liners. Nothing fancy, but pretty functional. It will get kydex pants.
gJEm3QZ.jpg

cNYHxZv.jpg

wNfHmEU.jpg

Man, I haven't made a cigar box banjo in a long time (probably around 50 years). I may have to grab an empty box and make one from a piece of nice wood and a cool box. Maybe a cigar box ukulele, too.

Sticky's are rad (helped remind me how to insert pictures), got another tool today and couldn't wait to test it. I get packages all week and then return home after the work week and get to play. Trying to call it a night early so i can have a good Saturday of work. Personalizer plus - stencils & design from IMG. Let me know what you think, i TOOK THE BULLET and decided to leave the Y with the extra pizzazz and avoided changing it to a more "simple" Y, can always ask for a revision, but i enjoy the extra pizzazz.

KUrZQ9y.jpg

Back