Whats going on Spyderco?

I bought an Advocate. I think it is superlative! I am very sure it will go away too...
Which is why I bought it. I hate when knives I like are discontinued!
They haven't. Their manufacturing and sales model hasn't changed at all, other than another MAP increase.

Knives that people love sell out. Knives that people don't love are in stock. Same this year as any previous. Those that still haven't sold out by the end of the year will likely be discontinued and new models will take their place... then the OP can complain about those being out of stock too.

I tried to buy a Shaman in carbon and S90V. I failed hard.
I got a regular G10 S30V Shaman instead and it was stiff. I Lubed it and exercised
it and it was still too stiff...so I backed off the pivot a tiny amount and...perfect!

The Shaman is an epic blade...sweet. But, I was still disappointed...I wanted less weight.
So I ordered a ZT 0452. And now I am done. Perfect big carry achieved!

My biggest knife is still my Police 4. But the ZT is corrosion resistant and the K390
of the Police 4 is not! And I love the action of the ZT too!

I am still a Spyderco fan...but being unable to get a sprint run opened new vistas
for me! Which is perfectly fine!

Spyderco rocks! I just wish their sprint runs were bigger. I will not buy from scalpers.

EVER.
One (maybe 2?) of the CF Sprint Shamans sold on the Exchange today under MAP. Keep a look out!

One (maybe 2?) of the CF Sprint Shamans sold on the Exchange today under MAP. Keep a look out!

Thanks man! Honestly, after buying the ZT, I am set. The G10 S30V Shaman is fantastic
as a heavy work knife...I love it and will keep it forever, but the ZT satisfies the itch I had.

Back