• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

What's with "please email for pictures"?

Something to consider. When you post photos of a knife for sale that you don't have, using photos of someone else's knife you lifted off the web you run the risk of the actual owner or another person recognizing those photos and upsetting the apple cart, so to speak.

If a seller says to "email for photos" it may be because he or she used to use PB and hasn't figured out a new hosting site/process or it could be that they don't want photos posted where others could undo their intended scam.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you want to see photos posted in the for sale ad and that's the way you've always wanted it done then I say don't change a thing. Most of us are buying and trading knifes that we don't need to ensure our daily survival so why not make use of everything you can to avoid getting ripped off?

Didnt work. Next suggestion. It keeps saying that it is not an image as expected.

No clue what phone you use or if that makes a difference but if you take a picture and when trying to upload it you’re getting an error saying that it’s not even an image, well, it seems there’s other issues.

I have noticed it a lot more sense photobucket fell apart. I guess it is harder for people to post pics from other hosting sites. I switched to Imgur and for me it is easier to inbed photos than it was with photobucket.

No clue what phone you use or if that makes a difference but if you take a picture and when trying to upload it you’re getting an error saying that it’s not even an image, well, it seems there’s other issues.
Well this phone will upload to bcusa with no problem.

Well this phone will upload to bcusa with no problem.

Well, no problem here! There’s many other methods, guess you just have to try another way, or just give up. Hopefully the posts in this thread have helped others though.

Here’s a screenshot I just took and uploaded with no error:

19D5B636-557F-4A50-A41E-2F6383AA15C6.png

End of posting in this thread.

image.jpg Newbie here, had a hard time with pics at first, free app Image Size works awesome set pixels to max 1200, good to go.

If you have devices that you don't know how to operate, then learn about it! Would you buy a manual box car and not know how to drive it properly and safely??:rolleyes:

No pictures on a for sale thread implies either laziness or something to hide...a potential Crock of :poop::poop::poop::poop: :D

Some people are just lazy.

Nothing is easier than uploading a photo to and from imgur.

I often use my phone to take, upload and post pics.

Why, when you're selling a product, would you not post photos of it in the sale thread? Why not make it as simple as possible for potential buyers to see what's for sale?

I know the Great PhotoBucket Scourge of 2017 caused some issues, but in the two years I've been here it's never been difficult to post photos on BF, and it isn't difficult now.

I just don't get this approach. What am I missing here?

I’ve had trouble several times getting pictures to upload since the website was changed

If someone can take the time to post a sales thread, they can certainly post pictures. This nonsense about not being able to upload photos is total crap. How hard is it to resize a photo.
It's a sign of laziness that's way too prevalent on the forum.

If someone can take the time to post a sales thread, they can certainly post pictures. This nonsense about not being able to upload photos is total crap. How hard is it to resize a photo.
It's a sign of laziness that's way too prevalent on the forum.

Posting nasty know-it-all-comments is also way too prevalent on the forum. Kindly desist. Some of us use our time in other ways than tinkering with computer issues. Simply because you fancy yourself the master of picture uploading doesn’t mean that the fact others may struggle with it is “nonsense”. It might simply mean they are busy with their lives and get frustrated when the damn thing doesn’t upload. No need to come back with a retort. I feel I can hear it already. Youve been blocked, Master.

I post Photo's direct from my computer and it can be very hard getting them up- with many error messages and usually only one photo will work before I have to refresh the screen. No doubt it has to do with me being inept at computers, but for some like me it may not be all that easy-but doable.
Exactly Peter. Usually all we are trying to do is sell a little knife, so it’s not the end of the world for most of us. If someone is really interested, they’re not going to find it too difficult to fire off an e-mail. I mean really. Let’s not take ourselves too seriously. Maybe Master-Picture-Uploader would like to come into my classroom where I can expose his lack of knowledge about my particular area of expertise. You know, just so I can feel so very superior.

Posting nasty know-it-all-comments is also way too prevalent on the forum. Kindly desist. Some of us use our time in other ways than tinkering with computer issues. Simply because you fancy yourself the master of picture uploading doesn’t mean that the fact others may struggle with it is “nonsense”. It might simply mean they are busy with their lives and get frustrated when the damn thing doesn’t upload. No need to come back with a retort. I feel I can hear it already. Youve been blocked, Master.

Exactly Peter. Usually all we are trying to do is sell a little knife, so it’s not the end of the world for most of us. If someone is really interested, they’re not going to find it too difficult to fire off an e-mail. I mean really. Let’s not take ourselves too seriously. Maybe Master-Picture-Uploader would like to come into my classroom where I can expose his lack of knowledge about my particular area of expertise. You know, just so I can feel so very superior.
Looking at your post history completely explains why you have so much trouble here.

A
Looking at your post history completely explains why you have so much trouble here.
Another block. Can’t even make a simple point without someone who clearly has way too much time on their hands making some nasty comment. I was just conversing with a highly respected professional knife maker who said that’s why he stays clear of the forum. Go away. I simply made a simple point- that some people have trouble uploading, and it’s no big deal. So show a little tolerance and respect. And while you’re suggesting I have “so much trouble” on the forum, I suggest you look at my 100% satisfaction rating in buys and sells. So sod off. You’re blocked, and I’ll not respond to any other dilettantes. You’re the type that encouraged me to dump Facebook and Twitter. The airwaves are poisoned by foolishness.

A

Another block. Can’t even make a simple point without someone who clearly has way too much time on their hands making some nasty comment. I was just conversing with a highly respected professional knife maker who said that’s why he stays clear of the forum. Go away. I simply made a simple point- that some people have trouble uploading, and it’s no big deal. So show a little tolerance and respect. And while you’re suggesting I have “so much trouble” on the forum, I suggest you look at my 100% satisfaction rating in buys and sells. So sod off. You’re blocked, and I’ll not respond to any other dilettantes. You’re the type that encouraged me to dump Facebook and Twitter. The airwaves are poisoned by foolishness.
Proving my point.

Posting this picture took about 10 seconds. Didn't even need a fancy education to do it!

7bYuM0u.jpg

On the other hand... if someone is really interested in selling a knife, they're not going to find it too difficult to upload a picture, since that's approximately equally hard to do as firing off an e-mail for a buyer. If only there was a tool that they had where by inputting any random question to which they require an answer, they could consult the collective knowledge of humanity in less than a second. Maybe it could be done electronically. Who knows. There could even be a mechanism on the same medium they use to sell their knife, using the exact same skills required to create a thread to sell a knife, whereby a thread could be created asking how to post pictures... or even searching through any of the other threads where said question has been answered countless times in the past 20 years.

But maybe they're just not that interested in selling a knife.

On the other hand... if someone is really interested in selling a knife, they're not going to find it too difficult to upload a picture, since that's approximately equally hard to do as firing off an e-mail for a buyer. If only there was a tool that they had where by inputting any random question to which they require an answer, they could consult the collective knowledge of humanity in less than a second. Maybe it could be done electronically. Who knows. There could even be a mechanism on the same medium they use to sell their knife, using the exact same skills required to create a thread to sell a knife, whereby a thread could be created asking how to post pictures... or even searching through any of the other threads where said question has been answered countless times in the past 20 years.

But maybe they're just not that interested in selling a knife.

If only there were a cure for the pompous, loquacious, and witless. Then we could all live in peace.

Back