What's your Camp Knife ?

I just got my BlackJack 14 Halo Attack last week and it has moved into the camp role along with a SAK One Hand Trekker.
BlackJack14HaloAttackPics002.jpg

Bark River Hudson Bay is my favorite knife for camp duties. Great at everything I need it for......food and wood processing.

Another vote for the spyderco bushcraft as my small blade (right on JV3!).
Here's my camp wood processing knife as of lately
IMG_0140_1.jpg

Today it's my BK11, Ontario Rat 3 or fixed griptilian (I think this knife has been overlooked by many) Soon I will get a BK 16. I also want a swamprat someday.

Changing things up a bit here. Trying to keep only users now so I just sold about a half dozen Busse knives that were either lightly used or had ended up being safe queens. I did keep my ol Basic 9 for wood processing and a few others that are users. Turned some of that cash into others. I have a new Koster Bushmaster that should arrive tomorrow to try out. Always liked the CG Ratmandu so I picked up a new LE. Also arriving this week is a Swamp Rucki. Those should give me a fun spring outing or 2.
Is this a great hobby or what?

At present I think mine is still my Chopweiler ~

PC120016.jpg

Last edited:
I stripped the coating and mirror finished the blade on a Busse SAR5. That is my go to camp blade now. It is much better at the things I need to do without the coating.

photo.jpg

S6 and/or NWA. If I know I will be processing a lot of wood, I prefer the S6 because you can't hurt it. The NWA is a MUCH better slicer and all around woods/camp knife though.

3152693510_5bef2669a0_z.jpg

4569303099_f46e6872b5_z.jpg

My number one go-to is my Condor Rodan. I have several I like to use, but that one sees about 90% of the real work.

usually cycle between a trailmaster, helle lapplander, esee-4, and a 5.25 in fixed Culberson lately depending on what I am doing and terrain. Going to try to use my kabar classic, bk-9 and my esee-6 more this year along with the lapplander.
I keep an rtakII up at my property for limbing and trailclearing, need to take a grinder to the handle to thin it out junglas style.

Here's my selection, from bottom to top: 3", 4", 5", 8"

The middle two are "one knife" candidates at 3/16" and 1/4" thick.
From a planning standpoint, I'd probably pair the BK5 with either of the smaller two and leave the BK2 at home.
From a practical standpoint, I never need to hack or split anything, as all my dirt time is half-day hiking and hunting in a state small enough to cycle across.
From a reality standpoint, only the 3"-er at the bottom is unambiguously legal in all situations, so it's what rides on my pack. Usually there's a multi-tool in there and a smaller knife or folder on my belt anyway, as an EDC.

IMG_20120314_142922-small.jpg

and I like this angle because it makes the finish on the little guy look way better :)

IMG_20120314_142955-small.jpg

Bob Dozier Wilderness model, with a Maxpedition Strobe/GPS pouch attached.
Dozier1PWYP.jpg

Dozier2PWYP.jpg

Another vote for the spyderco bushcraft as my small blade (right on JV3!).
Here's my camp wood processing knife as of lately
IMG_0140_1.jpg

Nice for those wondering it's a Scrapyard de regulator. A nice choice tek

Back