What's your newest Buck knife

I find 425m a bit, as in tiny bit better edge holding. dont have many examples myself in it but do have a couple.

slitted washers. hadn't thought of that. might work if glued with right epoxy or glue. then again might not let ya get them on tight enough to be stable? could always try it if failed cut them off, and try again old fashioned way removing pin. have to think on that one.......
Yeah I'm not sure how I'd get the very last washer in to take up the slack.

I just have no clue on the exact pin position nor do I know who to ask.
That's really the only thing holding me back at the moment.

Yeah I'm not sure how I'd get the very last washer in to take up the slack.

I just have no clue on the exact pin position nor do I know who to ask.
That's really the only thing holding me back at the moment.
you need st8yd st8yd help. hes done it and made a handle in lucite on his own. orange if I remember right. turned out great too. haven't seen it in person but he posted pics here and it was really nice work.

think Mike Makael Makael has also done this before and recently made a leather handled 124 recently.

sure they'd help guide ya through best practices on pin removal.

gonna be a fun project will make a great knife.

First off, I havn't done one, I have repaired one but had the advantage of a barrel nut. I did do stacked lucite and g10 on a 105 and even though it's minute the glue thickness changed the anticipated outcome.
I wouldn't slit them. Just stack it on clamp it to where you think it will end up and test fit the butt then shave off or add what you need to leather stack or if it's long you could take a tad off the pommel then glue it and pin it on.

As for pin removal I have yet to see one that you couldn't find the pin on one side or the other if you hold it in the light right. Mine didn't come off perfectly, I wound up with a slightly oblonged hole due to a drill bit slipping, I got in a hurry and didn't use a punch to start the hole. But I was able to peen the new pin enough to make it very difficult to spot.
Just find the pin, center punch and drill it undersized and it should punch out fairly easily.

If you cant find it polish it then you will likely be able to see the contrast, if still can't see it you can probably torque it a little or tap around with the ball peen hammer enough to loosen it enough to see it.

Rub the side of the pommel on your jeans back and forth then breathe on it. You will see the pin.

This just arrived today
x8iCpoB.jpg

This just arrived today
x8iCpoB.jpg
Very cool.
Is that one of the "1 of 13 employee" knives?
Did they only make 13 of those, as I've seen that blade w/ different handles.
Yours is one of the cool ones!

It would be so much cooler w/ more pics........ please, please!!

edit;
I think the employee knives were the ones w/ the guard....?

Yeah, those are knives to get excited about!

Last edited:
Very cool.
Is that one of the "1 of 13 employee" knives?
Did they only make 13 of those, as I've seen that blade w/ different handles.
Yours is one of the cool ones!

It would be so much cooler w/ more pics........ please, please!!

edit;
I think the employee knives were the ones w/ the guard....?

Yeah, those are knives to get excited about!
You are correct. This is one of the "1 of 13 employee" knives. I'll have to take more pictures later today, technically I am at work right now. :rolleyes:

This is one that I could not pass up..
A V1-V1 with a full blade and decent engraved bolsters plus a brass bail. I have seen very few first version 112's that are embellished in any way and this fits the parameters of my 112 collection perfectly. Rare, odd, one of one and prototypes! David sent me the listing as nowhere did it say 112 and after I saved it it did not turn up in my normal searches I use when looking in the Bay..All week I had a bid in there was no action or bids and I had hoped it might go reasonably but I took my Brother's advice and I put as high of bid as I would go and at the last minute the snipers came out. But I didn't want to lose this odd 112 and tho painful I won!20210416_193818.jpg20210416_194109.jpg20210416_193947.jpg20210416_193931.jpg

Back