What's your newest Buck knife

Crud. Only one left and I'm holding off purchases for one week...
Out of stock now! Dang! For a long time I’ve been waiting to get one of these aluminum with s30v and missed it again. I did get the August 2020 botm in nickel silver bare head but it’s not as lite as the aluminum version. Hopefully they’ll get some more in.

there is a world wide supply chain collapse going on in all industries. I spent the whole morning on the phone with manufacturers and suppliers trying to weed through it. expect to see less models coming back and more model shortages for a while anyways.

I think those we saw were warehouse finds.i wouldn't expect to see more unless someone finds another stash hiding on a shelf somewhere.

This is one by Leroy with a 'Raptor' like blade profile (like a 532) based on a 450 drop point.
It looks to me like it probably had serrations that were ground off. Dont look anything like a 532, dont what a raptor is though.

A Raptor was one of about 50 knives made by Leroy for the Oregon knife show around 2011. Many were modified Custom tang stamp blades and most had fancy handles. Another BCCI member laid a 532 on top of a 112 and liked the way it looked. Chuck approved of the look but nixed the idea for any offical production. Ken Burns had Leroy make this 112 . Its just a name for a certain blade profile and a small part of the history of the 112. I had one of the few plain handle ones from the 2011 run and had a high end Silver and MOP 112 made and documented the build in a thread in 2017 ??. I'll try to find a pic small enough to post. Any 112/450 blade with serrations is absolutely rare. I had 2 with them from when the Custom shop was opened briefly. I've never seen another. The Silver Raptor Custom is 2nd from the left..20190606_110734.jpg

Thanks to the heads up from a member my son bought for me the very last Buck 111 Drop Point Rosewood from C&C. Pics to follow
nice grab. those sat for a long while on there. no more though.

A lovely inverted two liner that I intend to send to the spa. Sheath and knife are in very good condition.

Going to clean up the sheath myself, but I am hoping to get a little advice on what to use. I assume saddle soap is safe on the older sheaths black finish. I've not cleaned one up that is older than I am.
FullSizeRender (35).jpg FullSizeRender (34).jpg

Last edited:
i will have more and have them reasonably priced on my ebay site...and you know i will always deal through the forum....

Back