What's your newest Buck knife

Web Special 557 Open Season folding Skinner Pro - S35V blade... I just may need to go back for seconds on this discontinued knife, it feels really good in the hand.

bCRuwZwh.jpg

So I get an email from Stephen at SK Blades that he found some knives.....
After screwing around and missing out on the Goodfella the first time, I jumped on one 😁
View attachment 1555451
I did the Canadian thing and waited for him to list the items on the website, not realising that people were just calling and saying "I'll take this and this..."

I missed out on a few that I wanted but I'm happy that folks scored some goodies. 😁

I did the Canadian thing and waited for him to list the items on the website, not realising that people were just calling and saying "I'll take this and this..."

I missed out on a few that I wanted but I'm happy that folks scored some goodies. 😁
I almost did that, then emailed and asked him if I should wait for them to come up on the website or...
By the time he got back to me all he had left were the 501's and something else. I think he got overwhelmed with requests. The Goodfella was what I was after anyway, so it worked out for me.

Found this today in a flea market. First good deal on a Buck knife in a while. It's been used and maybe sharpened, maybe. At first I thought it had paperstone covers, but it seems to textured for paperstone.
OAzS9xM.jpg
Ya, it's plastic. The 486 is one of my favorites.

Not a knife, but looky what I just found for $5. Just perfect for my 1991 532 Bucklock. (When I found the 532 it didn't have a sheath so I have been using a 112 polyester sheath with it.)

51165109020_9c99904ecf_b.jpg

51165109170_35a9ba0ee9_b.jpg

The center of the snap looks weird because it's reflecting the sky. And, it has the factory-installed felt circle behind the snap inside the sheath. I've had to add my own an any recent Buck sheath purchase.

Last edited:
I received my new Buck GCK 891 Butter Knife. It is the dullest Buck knife I have ever received.

It returned to Buck the next day.

Back