Who still carries a Case Knife?

IMG_2260.jpg

When I fancy a small Wharncliffe, the CASE SBJ is the obvious choice. This is the stainless version in Bermuda Green pocket-worn. I had a Chestnut Bone cv one but gave it away. Very high finish on these knives and compact but not fiddly. Thanks, Will

Last night, I was channel surfing and ended up on The Voice. I never watch this show, but for some reason stopped and watched it. A contestant who worked for TSA performed, and Blake Shelton mentioned he'd lost his favorite pocketknife at an airport to TSA, and I thought I heard him say it was a Case something-or-other. I hadn't been listening too carefully until I heard 'pocketknife' and 'Case'. He went on about it briefly, jokingly asking if the guy could get it back for him. I wish I'd heard it more clearly.

Jim

That's actually one of the few shows I do watch. Granted it's the next day on the computer (no cable, dish, or OTH TV here). Yep, he did in fact say it was his favorite Case knife. I sort of got a kick out of it, but I also felt bad for him. I also appreciated that he had a favorite Case knife and that it meant something to him. Doesn't matter how much money or how many awards you have, some things just have their own value and are dear to you.

I had jury duty this week and since I knew they did have metal detectors I wasn't sure if they used them all the time or were sticklers. So rather than risk my beloved Case Mini-Trapper I carry everyday or the SAK Farmer I also carry I went rummaging through the knife drawers for something small, and if need be, something I would be willing to risk getting stolen from the saddlebags of the motorcycle if I had to take it back to the bike. Oh yeah, and something reasonably sharp.

I ended up carrying a John Primble Belknap small stockman. About the size of a peanut. It did the job well, but I sure was glad to get back into my true EDC pattern in terms of not just knives, but everything. Case MT in the right pocket. SAK Farmer in the left. Everything else where it's supposed to be.

I thought for a moment about tossing the yaller handled Case Peanut or even more so that little single blade, Remington peanut that I got decades ago as an extra in an 8 box (50 rnd each) package of Remington Golden Bullet, .22 lr. Truth is I love that little knife with it's carbon steel blade and jigged Delrin scales. It's seen it's share of carry as an EDC in the past and has more value for me than much more expensive knives. So, I can see ol' Blake still being upset over his "favorite Case knife."

"still" is wrong here, i just started...i used to carry saks (which i still love), and after a short adultery (?) to modern folders (couldnt use any of them, impractical blade shapes, recurves, thick blades on small knives, clips everywhere-which are unconvenient for carry as the knife sits in a place where it pinches, easy to remove but fiddly to reinstall, for simple pocket carry too thick- and none of them looked sympathetic, all kinda tactical, black and or metal, with openings for lighter weight, technical, charakterless, cold "cool looking" toys) i started research for knives that can do what knives are made for- cutting and i wanted knives with charakter, which can age with me, so i started to carry case-good value good looking with charakter...

Two that have been in my pocket off and on for a loooong time. The lower one I bought for myself when I was twelve, 52 years ago. The Delrin handled knife my Mother in law bought for me the Christmas after my wife and I were married in 1970. Don't look too pretty but razor sharp. The lower one is a copy of the one my dad carried.

case.jpg

In my pocket as I type this.

Peanut%2520Shield.JPG

I can often be found with a Butterbean too.

SAK%2520Case%2520EDC.jpg

Last edited:
My Father carried Case Peanut for over 30 years as Pittsburgh LEO. Good enough for him good enough for me.
uploadfromtaptalk1412632873063.jpg

My Father carried Case Peanut for over 30 years as Pittsburgh LEO. Good enough for him good enough for me.
uploadfromtaptalk1412633107513.jpg

I'm a huge case fan. I have several different models including a couple Bose collabs. The one Case I always wanted was a Sodie Jr. In cv. So...I went to Lowes last week and bought two with the intent of keeping the better one and giving the other to my son. Well I ended up returning both. I was so disappointed with the way they were both assembled. Both had large gaps in the back spring and a very loose wobbly blade.
So my quest continues...

Case is my go to pocket carry.

Medium jack, small texas jack, med Stockman 032, large Stockman 75 are my primary rotation with occational switches with soddy Jr, medium trapper, copperlock and a few other non-case odds and ends.

My 032 CV Chestnutbone stockman is at the mother land getting her back spring replaced.......and man do I miss her.

Jim

Just started carrying this 6347 in the past two weeks - gonna carry it again today. OH

Case_6347_SS_8_.JPG

OH, I've commented on that fine Stockman before, be hard to leave it behind when leaving the house!:cool:

Mike, glad the stag is liked:thumbup:

Thanks, Will

Two that have been in my pocket off and on for a loooong time. The lower one I bought for myself when I was twelve, 52 years ago. The Delrin handled knife my Mother in law bought for me the Christmas after my wife and I were married in 1970. Don't look too pretty but razor sharp. The lower one is a copy of the one my dad carried.

case.jpg
Great choices on both knives do happen to know the pattern #s?

Back