Who still carries a Case Knife?

George,
I've really been enjoying my Case knives so much I wanted to add another one to my small collection. Searched for a long time for one with a sheepsfoot and happened upon this one a few weeks ago. The bone was fantastic and the ease of pocket carry made it a no brainer. Loving it.
Hope you are well.
Jennifer

Glad you found what you were looking for-all is well here& hope you & yours are doing fine.
George

Rsmith_77, if you are from NY, there are lots of knife companies to fit in your collection. My family worked for "Hammer Brand". I just gave away the only NY Knife Co. knife I've ever had, but it was pristine, never been sharpned but the person who wanted it would carry it. There are lots of Camillus to find, particularly at flea markets and gun shows if you're not near any knife shows. Mines a fixed blade.

On work days I cycle between three Case Texas Toothpicks; Rough Black Synthetic, Sambar Stag, and Yellow CV. Sometimes I carry my Mini Trapper Rancher CV Stag to work too. On the weekends I carry a bigger Case knife. I like the Trapperlocks with a clip. Around the house I use a blue Sodbuster. I carry a Case knife just about every day.

I've got a small gunstock jack on the way and it will most likely be my new edc.

$_57.JPG

I've got a Case Russlock 1953L with a drop point (?). SS with blue bone handles. Super cool knife, great history and a good conversation piece. I've been carrying it a few times a week. The gimped blade lever can be used to open the knife with one hand with a little effort.

View attachment 468856

These are very nice. I've never considered the Russlock until they recently made them with the drop point. Once I saw that drop point blade with the Russlock design I was in love!
Russlocks are my go-to when I've spent more than 5 minutes trying to decide what to grab for the day. Of course, the decision's only half made at that point...

That Amber Bone Teardrop's sharp looking. The capped models weren't doing it for me but it looks great as a barehead.

Russlocks_small_zps22a153d6.jpg

Randy, the teardrop is one of my favorite single blades, mainly because it has the very utilitarian zulu spear.
This pattern is a Tony Bose design, although not one of Case's Bose Collaborations.

TBteardrophalfstop_zps365123dd.jpg~original

Thanks for the additional pic. I have several single blade teardrops but not one of those. Super cool knife. I like the bone too.
Randy, the teardrop is one of my favorite single blades, mainly because it has the very utilitarian zulu spear.
This pattern is a Tony Bose design, although not one of Case's Bose Collaborations.

i have yet to see much less handle one of these in person. the handle is soooo cool, but the blade seems ...unimpressive, its weird
please let me preface that with, this is just an opinion based on some pics online...i have no experience with that particular knife much less blade shape, but it looks so, wimpy.

So for the folks that have them, and like them, the blade must be ok and i am just jumping to an "online" conclusion i suppose.
still, pretty knife!

I'm not sure I'd use the term "wimpy" to describe it, but they are certainly not a heavy duty knife. Mine is 3.59" long closed, and with the tapered teardrop butt, you do lose some blade length. The zulu spear is kind of a hybrid between a Wharncliffe and a spear point, and has some of the qualities of both, with a decent point and a small amount of belly. Although if I were going out to tackle any eventuality I would carry a larger stockman or jack with both a sheepfoot and a clip, this gentlemen's knife has it's place among my users.

I am not sure that i meant to say the blade IS wimpy, just that it appears so
but then again, it will/would not be a popular pattern if it was in fact too wimpy to do the work asked of it right?

I've been very intrigued by the teardrop jack lately, its definitely on my shortlist. I like the worn red bone version a lot. How is the pull on yours, nice snap?
Thanks.

What is the handle material on the Seahorse? It reminds me of the GEC coffee house acrylic.

Yes it does look like that, but it's actually Smooth Chestnut Bone, Randy.

Here's a view of the 2 blade Teardrop.

IMG_2270.jpg

Decent pull and nice snap on this one, thanks - Will

Love the extension spring Case has been putting on their Bose collabs.Its such a nice look, as well as a great function. For the money it looks like the teardrop is a steal.

Back