Who still carries a Case Knife?

What a classic, iconic knife, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

This week I happen to be carrying these two Case knives, a red bone canoe from 1975 and a red bone half congress with a 1940-64 tang stamp:
outside-mark-mainv-jpg.1415760

halfcongress-mark-open-jpg.1415762

I also carry this chestnut jigged bone CV Sodbuster Jr. EVERY day:
sbjr-library-jpg.1415771
Thank you for the compliment Gary! I love the SBJ! :) Those three you’re showing are classic Case patterns too! I love the single spring Canoe models! :thumbsup: :D

Last edited:
A63D9F72-48FD-44A5-AFC4-6DA32ABBFB8F.jpeg Just got this Case 4207 Mini Trapper with grey synthetic covers.

The Mini Trapper is the one pattern that I have the most of.
I prefer having the wharncliff but this one has a spey.

The spey is a great utility type blade but not the prettiest.

I usually get bermuda green bone when I can but the color has always been just a little too pickle green for my taste. With a little teal and dark green Rit dye I took care of that problem tonight.

Before:
goHcWYN.jpg

WhN1RN3.jpg

After:

4tOk701.jpg
Pretty cool, it reminds me of the Northfiefl blue teal Rattler

If I didn't buy so many newer Cases I'd be skeptical of the quality control stories. I love Case knives but this is just unacceptable. After muscling the pen blade open you can see it is clearly bent. And when you try to close it, you can't because it's bent over too far. This one's definitely going back. Shame because it's a beautiful knife otherwise.

vvxFukA.jpg

hdladBC.jpg

If I didn't buy so many newer Cases I'd be skeptical of the quality control stories. I love Case knives but this is just unacceptable. After muscling the pen blade open you can see it is clearly bent. And when you try to close it, you can't because it's bent over too far. This one's definitely going back. Shame because it's a beautiful knife otherwise.

vvxFukA.jpg

hdladBC.jpg
:eek: holy crap!:thumbsdown: That seriously didn't need to leave the factory. I mean someone would have had to push the blade over enough to close, and thusly knew it was defective. Even with the volume of knives Case puts out thats inexcusable.

vvxFukA.jpg

hdladBC.jpg
Yep, I’m a case fan also, but I agree, should have never been sold.

Can't seem to have a good night here. I bought two because I wanted to keep one in the original color and dye the other one into sort of a teal. I thought green dye would look great with the blue denim but for some reason my dye kept turning purply blue every time I'd mix the water and it just kept dying the knife a darker and darker blue until there was no chance of me getting it green looking. I don't understand what was going on with the dye.

0eNbOYc.jpg

Can't seem to have a good night here. I bought two because I wanted to keep one in the original color and dye the other one into sort of a teal. I thought green dye would look great with the blue denim but for some reason my dye kept turning purply blue every time I'd mix the water and it just kept dying the knife a darker and darker blue until there was no chance of me getting it green looking. I don't understand what was going on with the dye.

0eNbOYc.jpg

As I love deep blue bone scales I think your knife looks terrific. Sorry it didn’t work out to your satisfaction though. OH

As I love deep blue bone scales I think your knife looks terrific. Sorry it didn’t work out to your satisfaction though. OH
Don't get me wrong. I think it still looks great. Just a far cry from what I was trying for thanks to the dye changing colors on me for some reason.

For Friday this two-dot 6332, one of my MOST favorite Case Knives. Probably has the best W&T of any knife I own. OH
Ps. Also been keeping a watch pocket knife on me lately, this four-dot Stainless Senator has that job this week (I know I need a new picture of it).
Case-6332-1978.jpg

Case-6279-Senator-1976.jpg

I rehabbed this old fixed blade that I found in the road -- it had been run over and took a LOT of work to get back to reasonable condition. I had intended to carry it during hunting season but just can't leave my Randall Model 8 at home...

Pje6OLZ.jpg

Here's the "before" look:
3VoiEfw.jpg

Back