You Carry a Knife Because?

an elegant tool for a more civilized age.

If I'm not mistaken, this is definitely a Star Wars shout out! Nice work...

I am a restaurant professional, and my EDC knife is used for all the things in the restaurant that I need a knife for that is NOT food related. Cutting boxes, zip ties, fixing things, etc. In addition to what I use it for for work, I also carry it every day outside of work just because it makes me feel safer. I often hike, camp, and kayak as well, so it's always handy to have a knife in the outdoors. I have carried a knife every day since I've been 13, so for 15 years.

I carry for work, home, and sporting.

I have so many because I enjoy my hobby of carrying and collecting.

Because (spread over 2 multitools) I carry:
- Pliers
- Wire cutter
- Wire stripper
- Metal Inch & cm ruler
- Can opener
- Bottle opener
- Wood file
- Nail file
- Awl
- Small & large Phillips screwdriver
- Small, medium, & large flat screwdriver
- Scissors
- Pen
- Butane lighter
- Flashlight
- Spork

To not carry a knife, which is the most fundamental tool of them all, is stupid.

A knife is an extremely limited self defense instrument for me, because I'm so not getting into a knife fight unless I'm physically cornered or pinned down.

Because (spread over 2 multitools) I carry:
- Pliers
- Wire cutter
- Wire stripper
- Metal Inch & cm ruler
- Can opener
- Bottle opener
- Wood file
- Nail file
- Awl
- Small & large Phillips screwdriver
- Small, medium, & large flat screwdriver
- Scissors
- Pen
- Butane lighter
- Flashlight
- Spork

To not carry a knife, which is the most fundamental tool of them all, is stupid.

A knife is an extremely limited self defense instrument for me, because I'm so not getting into a knife fight unless I'm physically cornered or pinned down.

Which twoare you carrying? At first I was thinking leatherman but with the light pen I assume a cyber tool? Is it that + a spork?

Which twoare you carrying? At first I was thinking leatherman but with the light pen I assume a cyber tool? Is it that + a spork?
Lighter and spork are separate. The rest are divided between SOG Pocket Powerplier and Victorinox Midnight Manager. I also carry an additional small (but powerful) flashlight, a Fenix L0D.

Been carrying a knife since about 1963, doing all the outdoorsy stuff and the Boy Scouts. Always had a traditional slipjoint which I still favor to carry daily today. In my law enforcement career the value of a one-handed opener, clipped to a pocket or vest is a lifesaving tool. I've had to cut quite a few things, and cut down people trying to hang themselves.

Nunya business! :D

Because I'm a knife guy. I'm sure there was a time in my life before my first knife, but I don't remember it. I was always the one that could be counted on at Christmas to be able to open difficult wrapping and in school, I was one of several always prepared to cut what needed cutting.

I'd sooner go without my pants than my knife.

Because it's the right thing to do.

Besides that, it's an old, old habit. There's been a knife in my pocket, or somewhere on my person, since about 1953. Not about to quit now.:D

I carry a knife to open packaging containing my next new knife. At my age, me choppers are too important for use in chomping food to employ them in gnawing clamshell packs.

Also, I may find myself in a MacGyver-ish situation where a knife would be of the utmost importance. No, I could find myself stranded with a good looking - and busty - British lass... 'Stainz, Woman, Wild'... hmmm... My luck, it'd be with Les Stroud - and he'd have a case of those harmonicas.

If it really is for an emergency, why don't I tote a Vic SAK anymore?? No need for 'protection' - I have a CCL and something louder with me 24/7 - and not just my wife, either!

Stainz

Because.... I had a good father and one of his rules was that every good man shall have a good knife.. And through my experience I have found that he was absolutely right. I am blessed to have received his knife and gun collection. I am now going to get the ultimate production knife....

I take my responsibility to care for and protect my wife and children seriously. That's easier to do when you're carrying a few basic tools, including a knife.

I’m not authorized to carry a back up gun, so I carry a hissatsu just in case, and a Winkler tomahawk for even more security.
My kalista from black hawk is always whit me. I was raised on a farm, and a knife is something that has always been essential for everyday living, that and a good watch.

partly because i can, and because when i was young the idea of "a man carries a knife" was engrained into my head. it would be too hard to stop :D

Back