You Carry a Knife Because?

Why do I carry a knife ? (knives) Because I like too. Period.

And that's all I have to say about that - Forest Gump.

Momma always said "Life is like a chest of knives, you never know which one you gonna carry."

Thanks for stealing my tag line. It was in good taste though.

Am I the only person that finds all of these "because I can/none of your business/I KNOW MY RIGHTS!" posts to be obnoxious? :rolleyes:

This is a knife forum, nobody here is challenging your rights. This was just a fellow enthusiast asking an innocent question.

Am I the only person that finds all of these "because I can/none of your business/I KNOW MY RIGHTS!" posts to be obnoxious? :rolleyes:

This is a knife forum, nobody here is challenging your rights. This was just a fellow enthusiast asking an innocent question.

Yep, though I'm sure there are those who have defended themselves against that question so often it becomes a programmed response.

I started carrying a pocket knife when I was about 8. That's about 50 years ago.
I started because in that time and place, men and boys carried pocket knives. They just did.

I have continued to carry one to use as a tool.

You carry a knife because?

I'm Bad, Bad Leroy Brown-baddest man in the whole damn town ;)

In all seriousness, it started in high school, hearing about Columbine and all these other stupid school and public shootings, where people were left to defend themselves or be systematically executed. I didn't want to be the one frozen in fear just waiting to die if that situation ever happened to me or my family, and where I lived at the time I had no hope of ever acquiring a concealed carry permit. After EDCing a simple 10 dollar Kabar Warthog folder, the doors kinda opened from there. I realized how handy a simple knife was for everyday tasks. I'd carried a BSA Swiss Army Knife and small noname hatchet while bumming trails growing up, but never thought much of it, and it certainly wasn't a mainstay part of everyday routine.

Sometimes I can get by a day or two without a knife, but soon enough I always find myself between a rock and a hard place wishing I had the right tool.

Knives are integral to the daily lives of all human beings.

I work with items that are highly securely packaged, without a knife I would spend more time opening than installing. Next, i carry a knife when I cannot carry my firearm.

I grew up carrying a pocket knife & guess I always looked at as a needed tool in my pocket.

Later, because of my work, a knife became something I used daily for various reasons & as possible SD (Weapon retention). However, while on duty, I carry 2 knives & one's a FB (Weak-side).

I think I'd feel naked if I didn't carry a knife or 3 on me. Heck, I know I'd feel naked if I didn't carry a handgun, either.

I grew up with a grandfather and an uncle who basically embedded it into my mind to carry a knife at all legal times and that it was a tool not at weapon. I've never really thought twice about it. It's almost confusing to me when people question it.

Because they won't let me carry a sword and light sabers are still a few years off ;)

Truthfully, I was always fascinated with a sharp edge and always thought knives had a certain beauty and mystic quality.

I carry a knife because I was taught too and because they are handy. And there kool :)

So I'd have a reason to post in this thread.:p

never know when you gona have to stab a foo!

Momma always said "Life is like a chest of knives, you never know which one you gonna carry."

Thanks for stealing my tag line. It was in good taste though.

Sorry about that brother. My Bad.

Honestly didn't know it was your tag.

But thanks for the "good taste"

Guess it wasn't all I had to say though eh ? (LOL)

Back