You know you are a W&SS member when.....!

when you try to start a fire, the girls run away with all your fuzz sticks declaring that they would make great tree decorations...

Only in my fantasies Siguy.....Only in my fantasies....

When you drive past a car wreck and you look closely at the Leos and EMTs to see if you recognize them from an outdoors pic.

You might be a W&SS Freak if...

You can't find a dozen one-liners that don't fit you in this thread. :O

You look forward to rainy days for the chance to test your firemaking skills in a downpour.

You puncture your bike tire's inner tube and your first thought is, "Ranger bands!"

You head into the woods with three different fixed blades of the same size and function on your belt, because you can't decide between the convexed Fidleback, the flat-ground Breeden, or the Scandi Mora.

You spend your days making wooden spoons for your mother with a Fiskars 14" hatchet, a Frosts 740, and a full curve carving knife, just in case you ever need one in the woods.

You really admire the TV show NCIS because the knives they use on the show are realistic to the uses, and you know the brand and model of every one in every episode. For instance, that Cold Steel Large Voyager the twisted coroner's assistant held Abby hostage with... :D

You spent four nights downloading videos on bushcraft off of YouTube while on vacation, because you don't have high-speed internet at home, being too far back in the woods to get anything but dial-up.

The first thing that comes to mind when you hear of a search for a lost hiker is that you wish you were them, so you'd have a chance to see if that survival trick you recently learned really works. Then you realize that you'd never get lost by accident, and almost feel sad about it.

When you have to throw out stale crackers, the first thing to come to mind is, "Trap bait!"

You always have at least six feet of paracord in a fob on your SAK, and rebraid it whenever you're bored, in different styles, so you can practice your knotwork.

When you have a BOB in each car and one by the bed in case something happens in the middle of the night.

-When your no longer allowed on boy scout trips because you make the scout master look bad.
-When the scouts still call you when they cant understand a survival skill
-When your buddies call you up and say " hey sorry its short notice but were going on a camping trip in 24 hours" you reply " I'll be ready in 24 seconds"
-When you order paracord by the spool
-When your on a first name basis with the staff members of your local MEC/REI
-When the staff memebers of MEC/REI know what new products they have in stock since your last visit to the store

when you ignore family, friends adn food to just chill out in this forum and read over teh same posts over and over till you feel like you understand everything. or maybe thats just me...:jerkit:

-When having you EDC crap on the night stand, and its just not close enough.
-when you carry crap knives to lend out because you know someone will ask, and they usually dont keep them in good shape.
-When the local knife shop knows you on a first name basis.

When your at work in an office fondling a new Snow & Nealey camp axe (Customized by Brian Andrews) staring at all the wood furniture thinking...........

when you know more about the knives in the knifeshop/knifecounter than the sales staff...

when you find yourself asking for help with info on a piece of gear, only to discover that you already know more about it than the staff...

When you find yourself always in the kitchen at house parties, not for the beer but to check out how sharp their kitchen knives are.

when you know more about the knives in the knifeshop/knifecounter than the sales staff...

when you find yourself asking for help with info on a piece of gear, only to discover that you already know more about it than the staff...

Oh man that second one is something that REALLY annoys me... Especially when the salesperson is clearly reading specs off the tag/label on the item... Do I look illiterate???

That happens way to often lol

I once asked what kind of Steel a knife was and the so called "Expert on the topic" asked me, and I quote "What do you mean what kind of steel? It is steel. What does it matter what kind it is?" - It happened at a Gander Mountain a few weeks ago. Can't remember the knife, though. I think it had a S30V though..

I once asked what kind of Steel a knife was and the so called "Expert on the topic" asked me, and I quote "What do you mean what kind of steel? It is steel. What does it matter what kind it is?" - It happened at a Gander Mountain a few weeks ago. Can't remember the knife, though. I think it had a S30V though..

I get those blank stares too, the average joe worker calls in the "pro" and the guy says,"it's very good steel, surgical stainless." All I can think is,"oh hell, is this their 'pro'." :rolleyes:. I've learned to just look it up later on if I can't find the steel on the box or knife.

You know you are a W&SS nut when...

...you meet an "outdoor/knife fanatic" and try to see if they are a member here :eek:.

I've met countless people, and a lot of times it's at gun shows and I try to see if they are bladeforums members. I haven't found one yet :(.

You know you are a W&SS nut when...
when you go to a chop fest with a broken hip just to see new knives and 2x4's being chopped.
your girlfriend comes home and you are dipping matches in hot wax and you don't know why she doesn't get it.
when you put Kukari on your Christmas list and everyone emails back what is that.
when you light a Frito on fire.
when you buy a flashlight to mod into a better flashlight.
when harbor freights employees know you.
when someone asks you a question and you mearly post it for the right answer.
when you are talking about siguy, pitdog, jwilliams. and you don't know their names..
when you drink whiskey from a Evian bottle in the woods to save pack weight.
when your co-workers come by and ask you "now what the hell are you making"
when you had to buy a tripod to take pictures of stuff you made on your desk.
when you invite your friend over to drink large heineken cans to make cooking pots, and you don't even like heineken.
when you bought a food vacuum packer to make your own dehydrated meals.

Back