you know you're a knife guy when...

When you are sifting through mail on the kitchen counter, and you have one of these in the drawer right next to you:
shaped-plastic-letter-openers.jpg
Or a knife block within reach.
But you'd rather run to your room and grab your newly acquired "toy" to do the job.

Why aren't you carrying a knife? A real knife guy wouldn't have to run to his room to fetch his new toy. He'd be making it shaving sharp, fondling it, flicking it open, etc. Sheesh. The only time I don't have a knife on my person around my house is when I literally don't have anywhere to put it, if you know what I mean, and am otherwise occupied with more important endeavors. That being said, there's ALWAYS a blade within an armslength away.

Also, I seem to be more careful around my car than you guys. I don't have scratches on it from my knives, and have trouble figuring out how you get scratches on your car unless you are regularly careless and brush up against your car or something? I'm assuming those are coming from your pocket clips or something?

When you can't wait to get to work, the next day, to show your buddy what was waiting in the Mailbox, when you got home.....

When you're refreshing the track and trace website every 2 minutes because you can't wait to get the knife you ordered

when you dremel the rivet on the coin pocket of your jeans so you wont scratch your knife when you you slip it in and out.

When you carefully contemplate your answer to the question "Do you have a knife I can use?" based on who's asking.

Why aren't you carrying a knife? A real knife guy wouldn't have to run to his room to fetch his new toy.

Because I'm on a college campus all day, and I can't be carrying around my toys :( I always have a Leatherman Skeletool on me, but that gets old pretty quickly.
Real knife guys know the law and try not to push the boundaries of the law for the benefit of all the other knife guys/gals out there ;)

When your girlfriend can name your favorite blade steel, maker, and knows everyone at the local knife shop on a first name basis; because she gets dragged there so often.

If you didn't make this up and this woman exists then you need to marry her right NOW!

Bandaids and super glue are part of your EDC.
Your wife cuts you off for the third time in a month because you bought another knife.
You argue with your 11 year old about which knives you are going to carry that day.
You have at least 3 gouges on your car door from your pocket clip.
There are no in tact pizza boxes in your home

When you proudly hand it over to the person who asks to borrow it, but then stare daggers at them until they hand it back.

When you have a garbage bag full of shredded paper and you dont own a paper shredder

When the proudest moment of your life is when your wife drags YOU to the knife counter and selects her own blade!

It was a CRKT shrimp in pink!

When someone mentions a knife, or a steel, or a maker and you respond. Then realize they are looking at you funny 'cause you just spouted 2 paragraphs of trivia.

- You spend more time thinking on which knife to carry that day than in your closet picking out your clothes.

Exactly! And when you spend more time filing your (insert nondominant hand here)'s thumb nail than you do clipping the rest. Or when you watch the clouds and ponder what knife they look like.

When your favorite's on your computer are the knife website's and you check them every day multiple times.

Back