you know you're a knife guy when...

When your four year old daughter says "Daddy has plenty of guns and knives, lets get him a sword" !!! Love my little pumpkin :)

When every time a package shows up and everybody knows its for you and most likely a knife. Or for me when a package shows up I get bitched out because I have "to many knives" and I respond with "no such thing"

when you carry a knife reguardless of situation...including church, and school (college). or in my case, a program im in, the staff doesnt even know I have the knives (3)

When you get stressed, you sharpen knives to calm down (scares people)

Because I'm on a college campus all day, and I can't be carrying around my toys :( I always have a Leatherman Skeletool on me, but that gets old pretty quickly.
Real knife guys know the law and try not to push the boundaries of the law for the benefit of all the other knife guys/gals out there ;)

You don't even carry in your own house/apartment? I mean, there's following the law, and there's following the law. And from my recollection of the rules, it's still illegal to have it in your room on campus. Not much difference between having it in your room vs your pocket, when it's still outlawed on campus entirely...

Just saying ;)

But good on you for doing your best to follow the rules. You're right, it saves us all some troubles.

when a co-worker asks you every week what you got new.......
or when a friend brings over his knife with an edge that is perfectly round so you can sharpen it. I couldn't even get it to scratch my thumb. :barf:
or when your wife asks for a modded knife with custom pink scales.....:D

Because I'm on a college campus all day, and I can't be carrying around my toys :( I always have a Leatherman Skeletool on me, but that gets old pretty quickly.
Real knife guys know the law and try not to push the boundaries of the law for the benefit of all the other knife guys/gals out there ;)

most college campuses have rules in the hand book about knives, my school doesnt care as along as the blade is under 4 inches I believe, check out your handbook, you might be surprised

When you spend $850 on a sharpening system on your credit card for knives that will probably never be dull because you only use them to cut apples and test the sharpness on paper and you hope your wife never sees the charge because she could never possibly understand why you spent so much on a sharpener to begin with.

Last edited:
if you have a knife in each pocket. ...I used to say, why would anyone cary more than one knife. But then I got my ZT 551 which is a great chopper but not the best slicer. I like having the heavier knife for certain tasks but have been carring my PM 2 along with it becuase its better suited for other tasks.

When you spend $850 on a sharpening system on your credit card for knives that will probably never be dull because you only use them to cut apples and test the sharpness on paper and you hope your wife never sees the charge because she could never possibly understand why you spent so much on a sharpener to begin with.

I dont understand why you would spend $850.00 ona sharpening system. real knife guys can free hand a razor edge with 30 dollar whetstone.

.....you could have got a Hinderer with that $.

Last edited:
I dont understand why you would spend $850.00 ona sharpening system. real knife guys can free hand a razor edge with 30 dollar whetstone.

You know if you are a knife guy because you read this post and laughed out loud at the ludicrousness of this question. :D You obviously are not a real knife guy!

You know if you are a knife guy because you read this post and laughed out loud at the ludicrousness of this question. :D You obviously are not a real knife guy!

Edge Pro - $200 -$400

WEPS - $300 - $400

Paper Wheels - $60 - $90

Real sharpening experience - Priceless... :D

I'm with ericvar101, what'd you buy that was almost a grand?...

When you run a mile to find the mailman, get your package, and run a mile home because you dont want to wait an hour to get your new toy.

When you just bought a $400 green G10 knife with a bead blasted blade and realize that love it so much, you have to buy the same knife in Carbon Fiber grips with a black diamond like carbon coating blade.

What state are you in? I'm pretty sure there aren't any laws here in CA preventing knives from being on college campuses. I know there is a law for for public schools, but colleges are different. In addition, I can see about 1/5 people at my college with knives clipped to their pockets, so I think it's legal here.

Even at my high school, where they were fairly strict and it's very illegal to bring a knife... there were students that I'd see with 3"+ blades clipped inside their pockets, and they never got in trouble. Yet a kid that brought an airsoft gun in his backpack to school had to make a formal apology, was fined, suspended, and has 500 hours of community service. Maybe it's just where I live?

Last edited:
Back