Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

vu67qbU.jpg

Fallkniven Frej NL4, 5.1 inch VG10 laminate blade. Picked up in a pawn shop for an absurdly low price. While not quite a "grail", it has been a "beyond my means" knife for me.
Today I am happy

This one showed up in the mail today. No 80259, Bose Burnt Amber Bone Standard Jig Tribal Lock, TB612010L SS.
I'm thrilled with it. Nice looking, no major issues, locks up solid with no blade play and pinchable. Even came with a decent edge.
I think I'll take it along for a few days to test drive it. Nice job Case!
9tP7LMS.jpg

2Ujt2PN.jpg

This one showed up in the mail today. No 80259, Bose Burnt Amber Bone Standard Jig Tribal Lock, TB612010L SS.
I'm thrilled with it. Nice looking, no major issues, locks up solid with no blade play and pinchable. Even came with a decent edge.
9tP7LMS.jpg

2Ujt2PN.jpg
Happy to hear the good report on the knife. Case seems to be stepping up to the plate lately. Enjoy your new knife.

This Lightning S 9 dot (1981 manufacture) Case CV 61011 Pruning Knife with Jigged Pakkawood Covers and lanyard hole came in yesterday. The fit and finish is perfect with no gaps, chips, cracks, drips, runs, or errors. I really like the jigging on this knife as it is sharp and detailed. BUT the pull on this knife is extremely hard. The pull to the half stop is a solid 8 while the pull from the half stop to full open is 9½. Doable but difficult - the hardest pull of any Case knife I've ever owned. All in all a solid knife ready to go to work.

p16jjgx.jpg

t9pa3xQ.jpg

vLSly8A.jpg

9tP7LMS.jpg

2Ujt2PN.jpg

Gary,
That knife is so perfectly showcased by your wonderful photography that I just ordered one for myself...….

9tP7LMS.jpg

2Ujt2PN.jpg

The ringed bolsters really set the knife off Gary. Very nice.

Just check out this monster I received last week. The ram's horn is phenomenal, and the action is superb. But this thing is huge!

Bulldog USA #3T Mountain Man trapper built by Queen in 2007
7dfaSnT.jpg

UoLooU1.jpg

nkzMro7.jpg

Closed length: 4.64"
Length open: 8.28"
Thickness through center spring pin: 0.969"
Weight: 6.1 oz.

9tP7LMS.jpg

2Ujt2PN.jpg
A real looker she is. I've been window shopping this one too. :)

This Lightning S 9 dot (1981 manufacture) Case CV 61011 Pruning Knife with Jigged Pakkawood Covers and lanyard hole came in yesterday. The fit and finish is perfect with no gaps, chips, cracks, drips, runs, or errors. I really like the jigging on this knife as it is sharp and detailed. BUT the pull on this knife is extremely hard. The pull to the half stop is a solid 8 while the pull from the half stop to full open is 9½. Doable but difficult - the hardest pull of any Case knife I've ever owned. All in all a solid knife ready to go to work.

p16jjgx.jpg

t9pa3xQ.jpg

vLSly8A.jpg
Gorgeous pruner Ed. Either this was the one I was watching or one just like it. Whats not to love. BTW I love the alligator pulls and snaps.

Just check out this monster I received last week. The ram's horn is phenomenal, and the action is superb. But this thing is huge!

7dfaSnT.jpg

UoLooU1.jpg

nkzMro7.jpg

Incredibly beautiful knife Jeff. What a score.

Did not see your post before Jack . So how do you like your new Canal Streets my friend ????

Harry

Hey Harry, they came out alright, mostly cosmetics issues. slight gap in the cocobolo on one of the scales and the stag mostly cause im picky, just like fatter stag. Still considering that blade change but the half stop in that sheepsfoot is making me reconsider.

7dfaSnT.jpg

UoLooU1.jpg

nkzMro7.jpg

Great knife Jeff. The ram's horn is especially nice on that one. Very even side to side - not seen on many knives today.

Thanks, ED, and I agree about the horn. Seems like the real good stuff dried up about 7 or 8 years ago.

Back