1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Guess its appropriate that I found this today, for memorial day. Right box wrong wrapper, otherwise unused. Some discoloration on the blades,but overall in good shape. Pretty good action,tiny bit of side play on the spey. I don't know much about Old Cutler other than I know it's not a Boker brand. To those who served a deep and heartfelt THANK YOU

Scott J., Pinemoon, Invoice and 13 others like this.
  2. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    [​IMG]
    $20 on the Vic, $19 on the clasper.
    I have a couple clasp knives, but this one is in better condition than my others. I thought the Vic would be my second biggest, but it's my spare biggest instead.

3. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    I think old cutler was the premium line of colonial knife co.

A few weeks ago at the flea market I saw an old cutler "factory custom" that had worked blades, bolster engraving and such. It was actually pretty neat, but the guy wanted $200, so I say no to that.

Misplaced Hillbilly and JohnDF like this.
  4. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Old Cutler was founded and knives were made by Robert Paolantonio with parts sourced from Camillus. Robert was the grandson of Frederick Paolantonio, one of three brothers who started Colonial Knife co.
    Robert P. wrote a nice book "My Family Business- Colonial Knife Company" before he passed away a few years ago that explains how he founded and made the Old Cutler knives (among others)

5. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    I was at a buddy's family fishing cabin on the river this weekend. We were preparing dinner and I found this crammed in the back of the knife draw. I was so impressed with it he gifted it to me on the spot.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

jwb01, Scott J., hamsco and 16 others like this.
  6. Misplaced Hillbilly

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    On a roll this weekend

7. Misplaced Hillbilly

May 16, 2018
    Thanks for the info guys, think this will be one I carry more for novelty and conversation. It definitely is tough enough for a good user,but I'd like to preserve the etch. In fact I carried it today,showed to the gentleman that I bought the Case from. He had a good spread of knives. From moderns to a couple cases full of bokers,case,and old stock USA Schrades and Uncle Henry. He looked it over and said something like,"Well, I ain't seen an Old Cutler in years, that's a pretty good knife,nice find" Probably take the hour drive back up to that flea market in the future Nice to find someone with a good selection of new old stock knives. And ain't trying to gouge you on the prices either :thumbsup:

8. smudge58

smudge58 Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Dec 25, 2016
    Paul Mason trio!

20190223_102524.jpg 20190223_102621.jpg

9. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Bays (Providence Cutlery Co) and Valor of Japan (hi-stainless) from Allegan Fairgrounds,
    Un-birthday present Mikov from my brother,
    Forest-Master and Murphy (I'm pretty sure) from the flea market this morning.
    [​IMG]
    Oh, and a nice money-clip for a dollar. I know I said I was through with them, but maybe if I stick with newer bills and peel them more carefully...

Scott J., ccsavage, smudge58 and 6 others like this.
  10. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    IMG_20190528_180409.jpg
    Really liking this! Lil gritty on the cap lifter but that big ol clip is smoooooth! The curly maple is really awesome too. Overall I'm excited and happy I snagged this one. CPM S30V on a traditional...kinda cool!

11. Reitwagen

Reitwagen

Mar 2, 2009
    Picked up this Khyber at an estate sale. One back lock blade and one slip joint. I can't decide if I should sharpen it and drop it in my pocket, or display it for posterity.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scott J., Pinemoon, TFBraden and 8 others like this.
  12. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    These are gifts that my wife gave me this morning.

I was wondering why she filled her gas tank last Friday and then again on Sunday. Turns out that she drove down to Grand Prairie Knives on Friday while I was at work. Sneaky, sneaky.

The Half Congress is a 1977, the Peanut is a 2018, and the bottle of bourbon will be opened this evening.

IMG_4831.JPG
    IMG_4833.JPG
    IMG_4835.JPG

13. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    @Railsplitter Very nice show all round, really like that Small Congress:cool: Used to be able to get Bulleit here in Finland, but alas no longer:( Great drink!

Thanks, Will

Railsplitter likes this.
  14. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Mighty FINE and the knives are too ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fodderwing and Railsplitter like this.
  15. Railsplitter

Oct 31, 2010
    I humbly admit that I want to tear into that bourbon right now but it's a little early for that. Good things come to those who wait is what I keep telling myself.

Fodderwing and Will Power like this.
  16. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Your wife has great taste, both of those knives are beautiful. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

17. Railsplitter

Oct 31, 2010
    Thanks, John!

JohnDF likes this.
  18. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Really, you can't go wrong either way. Is that white bone? I know what I'd do with it. :D

19. Reitwagen

Reitwagen

Mar 2, 2009
    It's genuine plastic, not bone, with authentic scratches and cracks. I guess I'll put it to use and get my seven bucks worth out of it.

scrteened porch, JohnDF and r8shell like this.
  20. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Schrade wire jack fishing knife #225. 4 3/4" closed. 20190530_194358-1024x969.jpg

jwb01, Scott J., paulhilborn and 5 others like this.