Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Been hunting this 62 easy pocket congress in Raisin Jig Bone for several years now....well worth the wait. The shield makes it!

IMG-20191006-184529.jpg

IMG-20191006-184336.jpg

Unbelievable score! :eek: Congrats on the impressive haul. All great knives, but I love those Russell pinched peanuts! :thumbsup:
Thank you! Actually, the Russell peanut is the most 'meh' for me from the bunch. I will most likely move it. Still a great little knife. The point on the clip point blade is unbelievable. Thinnest thing I've ever seen including pin on my Victorinox.

Rather mundane after some of the knives recently posted here, my latest is a Vic Tourist. I like both my Spartan and my Recruit, and thought I'd see if I can get the best of both in one knife. The jury is still out.
B27yQ89.jpg

Try Sportsman, if you can manage without secondary blade. You'll get a file with an usefull phillips screwdriver on the tip instead. I have been enjoying it for two years straight and other knives are just lucky if they get to ride along.

Thank you! Actually, the Russell peanut is the most 'meh' for me from the bunch. I will most likely move it. Still a great little knife. The point on the clip point blade is unbelievable. Thinnest thing I've ever seen including pin on my Victorinox.
Well, let me know if you decide to let it go! ;)

Try Sportsman, if you can manage without secondary blade. You'll get a file with an usefull phillips screwdriver on the tip instead. I have been enjoying it for two years straight and other knives are just lucky if they get to ride along.
Good suggestion. I actually went back and forth between the Tourist and Sportsman before finally settling on the Tourist. I always have a Classic with me so I didn't need another nail file. The small Phillips tip would be nice, but since I use the pen blade on my Spartan all the time I went with the junior Spartan. I appreciate the input. :)

Well, let me know if you decide to let it go! ;)

Might be impractical. This one is already on the other side of Atlantic.

Good suggestion. I actually went back and forth between the Tourist and Sportsman before finally settling on the Tourist. I always have a Classic with me so I didn't need another nail file. The small Phillips tip would be nice, but since I use the pen blade on my Spartan all the time I went with the junior Spartan. I appreciate the input. :)

Then you made a good call. You really can't go wrong with Victorinox, only less right. Luckily, there's something for everyone. In my opinion, two layer 84 mm SAKs are very underrated, yet so nice to carry. Wouldn't mind more models in this size.

Came home from vacation to find a package containing both of these Parker Frost trappers. I’d been on the hunt for a green one at a decent price to complete the trio of brown, red and green. Both of these ran me less than some folks wanted for one so I’m pleased. The extra brown might end up being a user or a trader.

3612-D4-A4-8353-4-EFA-9-E26-59-A43-D0-ECDF5.jpg

E72-BA218-3233-44-DE-B604-8-EB2-E1-EA099-F.jpg

E5-F29-DE0-DD80-4722-BA73-BB8-F746-FAD41.jpg

This place is amazing. How else do you make friends from near and far. Just before I left on my honeymoon last week a friend on another forum said he had a package for me. Boy did he ever! When I got home the other night I couldn't wait to hit the mailbox and what did I find? This unused micarta beauty by T.A. Davison. The knife is amazing, but Ron you far outclassed it. I can't thank you enough.
I thought all Davison knives were numbered but I don't see one on this beauty. If anyone or Mr. Davison (@T.A.DAVISON) remembers it I would love to know a little more about it.IMG_1228-1024x738.JPG

This place is amazing. How else do you make friends from near and far. Just before I left on my honeymoon last week a friend on another forum said he had a package for me. Boy did he ever! When I got home the other night I couldn't wait to hit the mailbox and what did I find? This unused micarta beauty by T.A. Davison. The knife is amazing, but Ron you far outclassed it. I can't thank you enough.
I thought all Davison knives were numbered but I don't see one on this beauty. If anyone or Mr. Davison (@T.A.DAVISON) remembers it I would love to know a little more about it.View attachment 1211681

That is awesome, Alan! Congrats! And congrats on the wedding, too!

Back