Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Harvey, when did you get yours? I'm still waiting for mine. Beautiful knife.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg
Hello Bill. Thank you. It came yesterday, which I thought was unusually quick. Hope you like yours as much as I like mine. Previously I was not especially drawn to camel bone, which is why I didn’t pre order. The look, color, and feel of this one changed that.

It is probably inappropriate to post something like this, but I am still trying to wrap my head around this.

I just made the most ridiculous knife acquisition in my life. I got
this (the first Case knife I vere laid my hands on):
IMG-9165.jpg

IMG-9147.jpg

IMG-9145.jpg

IMG-9146.jpg

this:
IMG-9167.jpg

IMG-9152.jpg

this:
IMG-9154.jpg

IMG-9158.jpg

IMG-9156.jpg

this:
IMG-9148.jpg

this:
IMG-9149.jpg

IMG-9150.jpg

AND THIS!!!:
IMG-9161.jpg

IMG-9162.jpg

for about 255 USD for all shipped to my door. How insane is this?!

I sure am going to share this joy with a guy that ushered me into the rabbit hole of traditional slip joints.
Unbelievable score! :eek: Congrats on the impressive haul. All great knives, but I love those Russell pinched peanuts! :thumbsup:

Just got this Marbles Fieldcraft, dates to 1998 if I'm correct. Seems to have never been used, super sharp edge and blemish free as far as I can tell. I like this one more than any other fixed blade I own and would love to keep it.......
but, it will be gifted to a good friend next month when I travel to Kentucky to spend a week at his cabin for some deer hunting, bourbon sipping and good eating.:)
I hope to be able to find another this nice for myself.View attachment 1207011View attachment 1207012

Possibly my last two knife acquisitions for 2019. (yeah right):rolleyes: That's the current plan anyway.

Lion Steel Best Man Single Blade and Buck 503 Prince with Elk covers from the Custom Shop. I already dropped the 503 and dinged the front and rear bolsters and the blade spine. Thank goodness I bought it as a user.

IMG_5145.JPG
IMG_5146.JPG

Will post pics when I get everything. My new acquisitions but yet to be received:
Dan Burke Barlow (by Queen)
GEC 92 in Golden Rod Camel Bone and Sambar Stag
Michael May Lambsfoot Sheffield Barlow in Ramshorn
GEC Waynorth Lambsfoot in Chestnut Jigged Bone
GEC Beer Scout in Maroon Micarta
Here's a photo of the Beer Scout - It arrived yesterday. F&F are superb.
IMG_1703.JPG

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Possibly my last two knife acquisitions for 2019. (yeah right):rolleyes: That's the current plan anyway.

Lion Steel Best Man Single Blade and Buck 503 Prince with Elk covers from the Custom Shop. I already dropped the 503 and dinged the front and rear bolsters and the blade spine. Thank goodness I bought it as a user.

View attachment 1207533
View attachment 1207534
Great covers on your 503!

Great covers on your 503!
Thank you, Matt!

I requested lightly colored Elk.

It's not as light as what I had in mind but they did a great job building the knife and I'm more than content with the covers. I liked them as soon as I opened the box. Although they aren't as light as I wanted, they are nicely matched and I'm very happy with the outcome.

Thank you for the kind words.

sHwrGSC.jpg
rxvk37f.jpg

Recieved this one in the mail today a very nice gift from Randy r redden r redden This is a really nice knife,full stop. About perfect walk'n'talk imho,very sharp,centered, spring sits flush at open and closed,with a teeny amount proud at halfstop. I really hope RR will do more of their patterns in a satin/as ground finish, swedge is nicely ground and even. Only "flaw" I find is a very slight gap where the mark side cover meets the bolster. A big THANK YOU !to Randy for this thoughtful gift:D:thumbsup: Oh and by the way, my first wharncliffe:cool::thumbsup:

sHwrGSC.jpg
rxvk37f.jpg

Recieved this one in the mail today a very nice gift from Randy r redden r redden This is a really nice knife,full stop. About perfect walk'n'talk imho,very sharp,centered, spring sits flush at open and closed,with a teeny amount proud at halfstop. I really hope RR will do more of their patterns in a satin/as ground finish, swedge is nicely ground and even. Only "flaw" I find is a very slight gap where the mark side cover meets the bolster. A big THANK YOU !to Randy for this thoughtful gift:D:thumbsup: Oh and by the way, my first wharncliffe:cool::thumbsup:
Very thoughtful of r redden r redden :cool: :thumbsup:

Back