Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

I'd been admiring @thefrank 's Boker Vox Nessmi for 3 years :eek: and finally decided to pull the trigger on one. Granted, it's a newer, lower priced model, but it's what is available right now.

It arrived yesterday, and I've got to say I'm really pleased with this little knife. The knife is 6.3" with a D2 blade, brown micarta handles with red fiber liners, and a leather sheath. I added a piece of leather to extend the 3 finger grip, which is really not necessary, as it's a very secure, comfortable grip. If there's a lanyard tube it needs to be used, is my motto.

The leather belt sheath is nothing to write home about but it's well made and secure. For the price point I wouldn't expect more.

Edited to add: The blade came with a nice sharp edge. I stropped it with some Cr02 and it had the hairs popping off my arm.

I spent my youth hiking, camping and canoeing the Fulton Chain Lakes in the Adirondack Mountains of New York State, with my dad and brother. It was Nessmuk's stomping ground. The knife is a nice little tribute to a man who, though small in stature, was large on adventure. If you get the chance there's a nice exhibit on his history at the museum on Blue Mountain Lake.

OK, pictures or it didn't happen!
LZWnyKr.jpg
That is a great looking knife.. I admittedly don't know much of the history of Nessmuk, but I've seen some pics of his blade, and find that, what is now referred to as a "Canadian knife" was probably directly influenced by what he used.
The Grohmanns imitate that in just about all their knives, I believe. I have one of their smaller folders, and it's a really nice carry.

865D2020-6CD6-4BA3-B469-5E8F87F9D45D.jpeg A have a deep love for “Boys Knives,” so when I came across this “Girls Knife” I just couldn’t resist. I’m also a fan of the Allen Cutlery Company’s innovative, century-old spring-less slipjoint design (here borrowed by Imperial USA), so this humble little knife was a “twofer” for me.

Just got a new 81 Bull Moose in Osange Orange. This might be one of the most underrated GEC knives IMO. Absolutely stunning in the sunlight, and those brushed bolsters oh my! And no half stops! Talk about smooooth! This guy is definitely getting used. And don’t forget, that Carbon Keeps Cutting!:D
yWKIeaj.jpg

rgvgKbX.jpg

rOuA22e.jpg

Picked this up from @AFAustin in his very worthy effort to help out the pups, thanks again sir!

This is an older knife but in like new shape and I love the pearl inset, blade is a small sheepsfoot style and will ride easily in my watch pocket.

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

CRKT model Daedalus

G2

Great Eastern Cutlery #23L Beaver Tail in Jigged Brazilian Cherry :)

50111480496_d05054f1f3_o_d.jpg

50110908743_66431065f6_o_d.jpg

Admire those from afar Ron ;) Particularly like the jigged wood, and Beaver shield-seems apt:D But they're just too massive for my pocket, real behemoths :eek: Magnificent idea though.:cool:

Thanks, Will

Admire those from afar Ron ;) Particularly like the jigged wood, and Beaver shield-seems apt:D But they're just too massive for my pocket, real behemoths :eek: Magnificent idea though.:cool:
Thanks Will! :thumbsup: They are behemoths. But the rock solid feel is really nice and the single is not that bad in jeans. ;) I may explore some different slips, maybe even a horizontal belt sheath of some type. Stay well my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Will

My "large" Moki Fish Owl arrived today. It was listed as "used", but it looks factory new. This is a very nicely made, lightweight lockback, and will make a very nice carry knife. Excellent craftsmanship..

jDFBKq.jpg
jDFqtD.jpg

Are you sure that is the large? You must have some big hands.

Those 23s are one massive......great Beaver shield too.:cool: Don't understand your scepticism about the liner-lock though?? After all, it's in addition to the conventional backspring it's not like some Moderns that rely only on the liner-lock (to slide open :eek:)

My 23LL arrived a few days ago and, at first, I also was confounded by the half stop along with the very heavy pull. However, handling it for a while, have grown to appreciate the half stop. I think it makes it a little safer closing the knife ... since my thumb would be in the blade's path when initially closing the knife. The half stop lessens the chance of me using too much force to overcome the strong back spring when closing the knife and having the blade accidentally close on my thumb. The older I get, the more likely I am to do dumb things!

gWfjlzP.jpg

Back