Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Just had to show this thing off, a Schatt and Morgan File & Wire Series IV-3 042262. This beast is hefty, and measures 5 2/8" long. You folks who think that Queen didn't turn out high quality knives should really get your hands on some like these:

W1kWn2h.png

Wow :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I didn't know Case ever made a copperhead saddlehorn. Model number?

It is DB61100 .. They are a Big knife . I do not no when they last made them , but they are available out there but not at any Case dealers that I could find .
Maybe @Modoc ED has more info on them .
Harry

Ah man, I feel silly :oops:
I have one in that pattern :)
I remembered I had a large saddlehorn, but I thought it had the same bolsters as the small ones. I forgot it was a copperhead cool_shades.gif
Time to thin the herd me thinks ;)
Anyway, here's a pic:
SaddlehornLarge2.JPG

Forgot fpalm.gif
Sheesh :rolleyes:

It's gorgeous! :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks John! I have been kicking myself since I missed the release. Every time someone would post pics of this knife in here I just wanted it even more. Made my first trade to get it! It really is a beautiful knife, and I consider myself lucky to have it. Now I need to get some better pics, but I was too excited not to post haha.

Well, I’m not as into traditionals as I was when I was a youngster, so this is not a recent acquisition by any means, but it is my most recent and I felt what better place to show it off. I received this beautiful Case two blade Folding Hunter as a gift from my mother last Father’s Day. Bonus, it was made the year I was born. upload_2021-4-12_18-58-58.jpegupload_2021-4-12_18-59-26.jpeg

Got this from one of GEC's dealers when they dropped but it got stuck at an USPS facility in Chicago ... today I could FINALLY pick it up!
The blade by itself is awesome and a perfect match to the handle. The pull is a bit soft but still snappy and is fun to fiddle with. The cap-lifter has a harder pull but is still easy too open. The scales looks nice but apart from the weird seam in the middle could have had a better finish. The sides are silky smooth but when I run my fingers over the front and back of the handles the scales feels unfinished and raw, kinda coarse, almost to the point that I believe it is a production mishap. I might get back to this in another thread but for now I'll just enjoy the knife and that the long wait is over.
YR9rxxuy_o.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with John, such a nice knife and will age well:cool::thumbsup:
Thanks. This is my first white bone knife. Very much looking forward to the aging process. Really nice action on this one, and I did not realize how substantial the pen blade is.

Just received my new Case Medium Jack with CV blades and Red Jigged Bone.
It's not a stellar example of craftsmanship, but it's plenty good for a "user" knife.
Flaws... if I'm being picky, there is slight gaps in the liners/springs and the edge needs work.
If I'm being a little less picky, and the thing that's more bothersome, is the main blade is way off center.
Everything else is well done and I'm happy to finally have something a little fancier than as-ground stainless and synthetic ebony.

It's not a stellar example of craftsmanship, but it's plenty good for a "user" knife.
Flaws... if I'm being picky, there is slight gaps in the liners/springs and the edge needs work.
If I'm being a little less picky, and the thing that's more bothersome, is the main blade is way off center.
Everything else is well done and I'm happy to finally have something a little fancier than as-ground stainless and synthetic ebony.

That red really looks nice. They had a few of the red jigged bone in stock at GP last weekend, but not these, hope they get them in soon. Glad you’re satisfied with it John.:thumbsup:

If it wasn’t for consistent blade centering issues I would have any complaints for case knives. When they’re off center it’s always to the point of rubbing on the liners. The color on yours is awesome

Back