Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Had a lot of fun working out a trade with JohnDF JohnDF before he left on his trip. The deal was for one of his slips and a couple SAKs, well I got the package the other day and let’s just say John went a little crazy!😄 He ended up sending three SAKs (Pioneer, Solo, and a Bantam), a custom color Case Jack, a neat copper bolstered RR Mini Trapper, and a really fun fish knife, not to mention the incredible slip, some flies, and stickers. Super fun package, felt like Christmas morning! 😄 Fun stuff from a very generous man, thanks buddy! 👍CA1E57C7-3412-4572-8505-566568ACB0DF.jpeg

Had a lot of fun working out a trade with JohnDF JohnDF before he left on his trip. The deal was for one of his slips and a couple SAKs, well I got the package the other day and let’s just say John went a little crazy!😄 He ended up sending three SAKs (Pioneer, Solo, and a Bantam), a custom color Case Jack, a neat copper bolstered RR Mini Trapper, and a really fun fish knife, not to mention the incredible slip, some flies, and stickers. Super fun package, felt like Christmas morning! 😄 Fun stuff from a very generous man, thanks buddy! 👍View attachment 1609171
That’s so cool. That John sure is a nice fellow!

CA1E57C7-3412-4572-8505-566568ACB0DF.jpeg
I hope you enjoy them all, Todd my friend. 🤠 :thumbsup:

Catdaddy2 Catdaddy2 you will really like the old Boker USA knives. IMO right on par with the original (USA) Schrade Old Timer knives - good, hardworking, duty grade pocketknives. I have owned a couple of the same 492 you have (but only one now) - love the long pull and blade swedge on the Spear main blade - really gives a working knife a nice look. Mine snaps hard but can be opened without breaking a nail. The Clip blade versions seem to be more numerous. OH
Boker-USA-492-Barlow.jpg

Catdaddy2 Catdaddy2 you will really like the old Boker USA knives. IMO right on par with the original (USA) Schrade Old Timer knives - good, hardworking, duty grade pocketknives. I have owned a couple of the same 492 you have (but only one now) - love the long pull and blade swedge on the Spear main blade - really gives a working knife a nice look. Mine snaps hard but can be opened without breaking a nail. The Clip blade versions seem to be more numerous. OH
Boker-USA-492-Barlow.jpg
Thanks OH and I like the spear blade very much.

huntnfishin huntnfishin Wow, that one gets the heart moving - NICE! OH

Oh yeah, ya picked a nice one from the right era too!! Good lookin' bone. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks folks. Yeah I like the 32 and 18s a lot. I like pre 1976 as well. I find the 18s have much better chances of arriving with civilized pulls too. The 32 can be a bear trap where the 18s are always so much smoother. Maybe it’s the half stop on the 32 I’m unsure. But I also notice less rub on the 18s and I really like the rounded bolsters.

The Classic is even smaller than I anticipated. Going on my keychain, and I'll see how I get along with it over the next month or two.
Throw it in your front pocket. If you carry it there a couple of weeks and use the tools, you will end up putting it in your pocket every morning before your wallet, change, and keys. 40 years here and counting. Lol

Just received a Rough Ryder Bow Trapper in red to go with the black one I already had. Just a few comments. The color is what I was hoping for. A nice deep red without tending toward orange. A beautiful trapper pattern with nice w&t . Extremely sharp. My only nitpick which you can see from the thumbnail photo is the blade and backspring don’t mate up perfectly when the blade is open. It doesn’t affect use. It’s just one of those things that keeps the knife from being closer to perfection.2ACD98A6-72C3-4DB4-88DB-C6E4C9555CA1.jpeg

Attachments

• 23D92449-62A5-4B3C-88B1-DBF86AABD078.jpeg
    23D92449-62A5-4B3C-88B1-DBF86AABD078.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1
Throw it in your front pocket. If you carry it there a couple of weeks and use the tools, you will end up putting it in your pocket every morning before your wallet, change, and keys. 40 years here and counting. Lol

I pulled it off the keychain after 2 weeks. With my hands and fingers and the way Arthur is attacking them, I found the Classic to be just a bit too small to comfortably and safely handle during use. I'll give it another shot later this year to confirm if that's the case or if it was carried during a flare-up.

Back