ZT Limited Edition 0999

Well, if they make 600 of them, that's a cool 450,000 dollars at 750 each. I don't believe ZT is not making any money at that return.

I'm betting the numbers are gonna be closer to the 0888 where I think only 300ish made it out. The price reflects the rarity.

Even using your numbers though, you have to remember that they get wholesaled to dealers so whatever the gross sales amount is, ZT is only seeing 50-60% of that amount. Haven't you ever watched Shark Tank? That's the one good thing from that show is letting everyone know that wholesale is around 50% less than retail.

I think that it's a fantastic piece of engineering and a great showcase for manufacturing capability. There have just been way to many cool knives, LEs, Sprint Runs, and regular production pieces, coming out of Tualatin for me to keep up with! And with the possibility of more versions of the 0606 coming, I need to save up my knife money, so I will be passing on this one. If I win the lottery, though, all bets are off!

Just keep looking back at this and seeing just how much engineering is in this blows my mind!
Going to be an instant classic like the 0777 and 0888 in my opinion.

I think the carbon fiber looks better on the KJ. Because, the tabs on the ZT makes it looks removable and flimsy. Probably isn't but , why the tabs?

I agree with this so much. I know KJ sucks but the execution is pretty good looking.

11426437_392483260957606_345579458_n.jpg

Did ZT do away with the hidden logos? I see some pics with the hidden logos and others with the ZT on the blade in the normal position.

The only ZT's I own are:
ZT 566 BW
ZT 562 CF
ZT 801 BW
I think those are great knives and I EDC the 801, but paying $750, you can get 4 great ZT's for one 0999 LE, doesn't make any sense to me

You named 3 of my 4 favorite ZT's. I think the 801 is the best knife they make. I like the all titanium 0450 as a smaller gentleman's knife. But not too small.

That LE ZT is just fugly, and horribly overpriced. I can't understand why anyone would want one. A CF insert in the BLADE. What are they using in place of brains?

Did ZT do away with the hidden logos? I see some pics with the hidden logos and others with the ZT on the blade in the normal position.

The pictures I have are all of pre-production prototypes, so they may have made changes for production knives, they usually have a few minor tweaks before production. I guess we will know after the 7th. ;^)

best

mqqn

That LE ZT is just fugly, and horribly overpriced. I can't understand why anyone would want one. A CF insert in the BLADE. What are they using in place of brains?
Well,,we do have this LE ZT to look forward to on some TBD date..aint she perdy..:D:D

0427_profile_le-1020x400.png

0427_clipside_closed_1020x400.png

0427_hero-shot_1020x400.png

I do not like much about it at all. Overall it's a very busy aesthetic. I've never heard of a blade insert like that before, but it just plain stupid. I'm curious if gunk will get stuck in the edges of the insert.

Also looks like a hell of a thin tip on that, but it could just be the perspective...All in all? I don't like it. Looks like a mall knife. But in terms of how impressive it is from a manufacture standpoint? It seems pretty impressive.

^^^^^wow that is a really bad looking knife, guess this one would go for $500, man that is just plain ugly

I think its ugly way to busy. They could have toned down the busy I might have liked it. Not that zt gives a s*** what I think. Overpriced I don't really think so for the amount of machining and tooling needed to do it. That said I wish there wasn't that much machining in it lol..

In the aesthetics departments I definitely prefer the old 0777, 0888 and 0454 to the newer 0606CF, 0999 and 0427. However, I also look at innovation and each of the latter three has something innovative about it.

DSC_6057.JPG

DSC_2493.JPG

Notice the small actuator for the lockbar, and then on the obverse, the CF inlay rides inward and outward on the sub-framelock.

This is a Dimitry Sinkevich design, by the way.

This one felt awesome in a hammer grip.

best

mqqn

Sal Glesser said:
First look at the edge. You will note that the steel is probablly excellent, the thickness at the edge is thin and consistent, and it is probably very sharp. Certainly not an "ugly" edge. If you have a chance to sharpenit, you will also appreciate what is there.

Close your eyes and hold it, various grips, cut with it and see if it's comfortable for you. The ergos aren't "ugly" to hold and the balance and control are likewise not an "ugly" experience.

The fit and finish aren't "ugly" nor are the very high quality materials that we use.

Perhaps the appearance is not something to which your eye is accustomed? I guess my response would be too much "eye" and not enough "head and heart". The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco looks.

sal

Taken from a thread where someone barged into his forum and posted a "Spydercos are fugly" thread.

I think it sums it up. Sal is a classy guy.

best

mqqn

Back