99 Wallstreet on the horizon, who's excited

I always forget that federal employees play by different rules than the rest of us. Curses! :confused:

I am in the same boat, I have an Elk a roonie which would've be here tomorrow and 57 whittler thats been on a slow boat from China. My luck they both show up on Tuesday. I hate when everything comes at once, I like my deliveries spread out, it somehow makes it feel like I am reaceiving more in my traditional addict mind.

I am in the same boat, I have an Elk a roonie which would've be here tomorrow and 57 whittler thats been on a slow boat from China. My luck they both show up on Tuesday. I hate when everything comes at once, I like my deliveries spread out, it somehow makes it feel like I am reaceiving more in my traditional addict mind.
Just don’t open your Elk-a-roonie until Wednesday even if it shows on Tuesday and you’ll be a happy camper again :p:D

View attachment 1018068 View attachment 1018069
Decided to try this one out in case it becomes too difficult to find later. The grain is excellent as is the fit and finish. The first lock back from GEC I’ve held. No play in any direction. A few scuffs on the bolsters, but nothing significant. Very sharp! Not sure what to think about the pattern yet. I like it better in hand than the 44 which has a similar sized butt. The straight line taper and thin width feel pretty good. I think it may even rival the 47 sway back in feel. It isn’t the prettiest thing to look at though.

JTB, I totally agree with your assessment. To tell the truth I jumped on the early reserve because it was my first chance at an acorn. I was sort of lukewarm to the aesthetics of this knife but I reserved one anyway. I have to say I like it more than I thought and the wharnie is growing on me. This is also one of the sharpest GEC's I've come across out of the tube.

I have a conundrum when it comes to multiblades vs single. I actually like the extra thickness from multi blades but am bothered by hotspots that the other blades create when holding it. On the other hand I like that there are no hotspots holding a single bladed knife but for the most part, are too thin for my hands. I like more to grab onto I guess. But, the 99 is the first pattern where I'm not bothered by the thinness. It's a good fit for me and I think that's why I'm going to keep it.

JTB, I totally agree with your assessment. To tell the truth I jumped on the early reserve because it was my first chance at an acorn. I was sort of lukewarm to the aesthetics of this knife but I reserved one anyway. I have to say I like it more than I thought and the wharnie is growing on me. This is also one of the sharpest GEC's I've come across out of the tube.

I have a conundrum when it comes to multiblades vs single. I actually like the extra thickness from multi blades but am bothered by hotspots that the other blades create when holding it. On the other hand I like that there are no hotspots holding a single bladed knife but for the most part, are too thin for my hands. I like more to grab onto I guess. But, the 99 is the first pattern where I'm not bothered by the thinness. It's a good fit for me and I think that's why I'm going to keep it.

I’m in the same boat. It’s not really a pattern I “had to have”, and I think the spear point works best on the 99, but the acorn doesn’t come around very often. Now that I have it though, I’m pretty impressed. I was not expecting to like it as much as I do.

I had intended to only get one of this pattern but I really like the burnt orange Springfield so I ordered one so I can decide between that and the chestnut as to which to keep. I know the proper answer is "both" but I really want this to be user knife like my #43s and only keep what I plan to actually use.

Back