Antique Cattaraugus Knives and Company History

Status
Not open for further replies.
The knives from your collection that I have been viewing here lately are amazing Primble. These most recent two above have incredible jigged bone, nice shields and blades.
What are the closed lengths of the Hunter Pride & Folding Hunter? Both just embody the essence of what a traditional knife is and should look like. Thanks for showing them. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The knives from your collection that I have been viewing here lately are amazing Primble. These most recent two above have incredible jigged bone, nice shields and blades.
What are the closed lengths of the Hunter Pride & Folding Hunter? Both just embody the essence of what a traditional knife is and should look like. Thanks for showing them. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Many thanks ! The closed length for the Hunters Pride is 4 & 5/16" and the closed length on the Folding Hunter is 3 & 5/8".

I have spent some time today to update all of my missing photos (page 1 thru 32) from this thread to bring my contributions back to life. It was not an easy task, but, worth the effort I hope. :)

Last edited:
Many thanks ! The closed length for the Hunters Pride is 4 & 5/16" and the closed length on the Folding Hunter is 3 & 5/8".

I have spent some time today to update all of my missing photos (page 1 thru 32) from this thread to bring my contributions back to life. It was not an easy task, but, worth the effort I hope. :)

This is a photo of one of my favorite Cats to carry that I posted in this Sunday's Picture show:
View attachment 1737136
and another group pic of my Whittlers:
View attachment 1737141
and another Cat Jack which I am fond of:
View attachment 1737142

View attachment 1737143
Thank you for re-posting the missing pictures.

While not anywhere as amazing as your collection of Catts, this ebony whittler gets carried from time to time:

khXnOiZ.jpg

And here's a little one in mother of pearl:
itzpdxB.jpg

Rachel that Whittler has been put to good use ! :) I would likely cut that broken blade diagonally across the tang and shut it forever, making it a half Whittler. The remaining kick would hold the spring in the correct attitude. I sometimes do things that others might not want to do though.😇

The little MOP is a beauty !

Last edited:
Rachel that Whittler has been put to good use ! :) I would likely cut that broken blade diagonally across the tang and shut it forever, making it a half Whittler. The remaining kick would hold the spring in the correct attitude. I sometimes do things that others might not want to do though.😇

The little MOP is a beauty !

View attachment 1737228
I also sometimes do things that others might not want to.

The blade was broken when I got it, so I shaped it into a little curved scraping tool.
Before pic:
Dpi9zHa.jpg

It's comforting to have beauty and aesthetics in a world all too often ugly and dull.

Very good and appropriate job on that Coco Jack, never understood why rust, pitting and dried up wood should be revered.....:thumbsdown:

Regards, Will

Cattaraugus model # 21709 Slim Trapper with saber-cut main, accompanied by Catt straight razor model 196 and razor box:

The bad part is the black handle on the razor is celluloid. Going to keep it away from my other kitties. 😊 The Patent date on the back of the razor is 1902.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back