Antique Cattaraugus Knives and Company History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat :D

[video=youtube;cqZc7ZQURMs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqZc7ZQURMs[/video]

Mark - Thank you for an old song that I had not heard in ages and used to be a favorite of mine - and appropriate for the thread. đź‘Ť:)

Last edited:
It seems like your in an old movie
There she is....she can turn back time
Lead you to market stalls
Your heart to big falls
She comes out of the Sun
With beautiful covers and silver on
Leading in all different directions
Sometimes leading only to your own reflections
She doesn't always give you answers to you questions
She just tells you she came
From the year of the Cat

Wow all great Primble and Mark even finds music that would still be playin at 5am after everyone else was passed out...errrrrr, I meant sleepin?;)

Terrific knives my friend...terrific:thumbup:

It seems like your in an old movie
There she is....she can turn back time
Lead you to market stalls
Your heart to big falls
She comes out of the Sun
With beautiful covers and silver on
Leading in all different directions
Sometimes leading only to your own reflections
She doesn't always give you answers to you questions
She just tells you she came
From the year of the Cat

Wow all great Primble and Mark even finds music that would still be playin at 5am after everyone else was passed out...errrrrr, I meant sleepin?;)

Terrific knives my friend...terrific:thumbup:

:thumbup::D

Just a fabulous specimen, Primble!!! Made my heart sing....or was that Mark's excellent choice in tunes. Thanks Mark!

Thank you for the nice comments Mark, Curtis, Paul, and Gevo. I loved that song too - it brought back old memories immediately.

I used to hum that song all the time, when it was popular. :eek::)

I am very fond of long pull main blades, however, I just love the nail nick inside a distinct swedge on some of these old knives. ;):)

The Reverse Gun is unusual, lotta stabber blade there :eek::D:D

But what gets me is the colour of that bone, talk about rich caramel!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks, Will

Primble Catt, I've heard that it's hard to herd Catts. but you are off to a great start. I agree, that reverse gunstock is a neat pattern. Thanks for the history as well and good luck with your new branch.

I've always liked the "Indian Trail" jigging on Catt. knives. Here are a few more images to add to your thread.

King of the Woods (not mine)

picture16I_zps028e75a5.jpg

picture16E_zpse0fbfef1.jpg

picture126_zps9399837a.jpg

Case 83 whittler DNA

picture127_zps09701da6.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Mike. I have heard similar things said about the old Catts. :thumbup::D

Thanks for the pics too. ;)

Great thread!

Seeing oldies in good condition makes me happy.

I sure wish I lived where I could expect to stumble on them occasionally!

W:eek:W on that Yukon King of the Woods owned by Tony. Beautiful bone and wonderful blade patina. :thumbup::thumbup::)

I will answer to just about anything Mike. ;):D

The bone Swell End Jack knife, which I purchased from an antique dealer, arrived today too. It is 3.25 inches closed.

There is a faint etch on the blade that says "The Reading Railroad", which went bankrupt in 1971. The last four letters are too hard to make out, so I gave it my best guess.;):D

2mo5wdv.jpg

2z83xvs.jpg

and a group pic of three of my Catts:

2ptx7hg.jpg

Stunning Knives my Friend! - Lovely knife that gunstock - the main blade on that one is simply fantastic - as is the Bone!
Primbs..that new addition from the Antique dealer is a beauty - Oh the Bone is just stunning!!!!
Beautiful knives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back