1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Are you interested in a San Mai Nessmuk for $199 delivered to your door?

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by ArielSalaverria, Aug 13, 2007.

1. ArielSalaverria

ArielSalaverria KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2004
    I've been thinking, and instead of just making a prototype from a piece of san mai I already have, I'm gonna make the first damascus ingot for the first set of knives and make the proto from the very same metal, while documenting the entire process.

This way you can check not only how the knives will turn out, but also the exact process each knife will take to get finished :)

I think it'll be a good knifemaking thread!

Ariel

2. halfserrated

halfserrated

May 10, 2007
    Sounds great. Thanks for being so generous with your time.

3. ArielSalaverria

ArielSalaverria KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2004
    Well, I started to make the prototype :D

I'm taking pics, so I'll make a thread with those in a few weeks :)

Ariel

4. CWL

CWL

Sep 15, 2002
    I'll take #8 if it's still available. So are you still planning on Mokume bolsters? If so, make mine #8 with Mokume!
    Thanks! CWL

5. Tracer-san

Tracer-san

Jan 28, 2000
  6. Morrow

Morrow Don't make this weird

Apr 11, 2007
    I saw a couple of "M" on the list.....I have #6 and please feel free to use my username to avoid any confusion.

thanks again.

7. Tracer-san

Tracer-san

Jan 28, 2000
    Done! :)

CWL, if you want #19 or any of the other available ones, please email Ariel or myself and I'll set you up on the list.

Thanks!

8. 007 Agent ZZero

007 Agent ZZero Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Put me down for #20 :)

9. ArielSalaverria

Mar 26, 2004
    Thanks again for the interest :)

10. j22knife

j22knife

Nov 18, 2006
    So - where's this project at ???

11. Tracer-san

Tracer-san

Jan 28, 2000
    Ariel's finishing some last delayed orders and making damascus bars that will use for later knives. One of these bars is what will become the prototype, that it's making will be documented step by step :)

12. ColdOne

ColdOne

Oct 5, 2006
    Sounds good!

13. ArielSalaverria

Mar 26, 2004
    Folks,

I apologize for the delays in this project. I've been really busy finishing up past orders (you'll see what I mean in a few when I post my latest works :D)

To prevent further delays on this I'm making the prototype of a newly made damascus sheet, but I'm not documenting the making steps at this time.

This will allow me to present a finished proto by the end of next week/begining of the other one.

I will document the entire process when I make the first one, so everybody will be able to see how their knives are going to be made :)

Here's the cut profile for the proto, more pics as soon as I finish it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(That's my photographer's hand, not mine :D)

http://server.com/WebApps/mail-list-subscribe.cgi?list=79955

Thanks for looking!

Ariel

14. ColdOne

ColdOne

Oct 5, 2006
    Looks great!

By any chance, when we buy one of these, can we use your shipping discount on multiple knives option? I think there is another one from your site I want. :)

15. ArielSalaverria

Mar 26, 2004
    Something can be arranged, just let me know :)

16. ColdOne

ColdOne

Oct 5, 2006
    Great! PM sent with details. :)

17. ArielSalaverria

Mar 26, 2004
    Responded! :)

18. ArielSalaverria

Mar 26, 2004
    Ok, this week I'll have pictures and in the next 10 days or so I'll ask the first 3 folks for handle preference :)

19. cochise60

cochise60

Oct 16, 2007
    New member. Just found this thread.

Very interested. Looking forward to the actual prototype.

20. ArielSalaverria

Mar 26, 2004
    The prototype will be finished next friday (Oct 26th) for sure this time.

I apologize for all the delays, in the meantime here are some working pictures :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a different blank than the one I've showed previously, as I've cutted 3 of them already.

http://server.com/WebApps/mail-list-subscribe.cgi?list=79955

Thanks for looking!

Ariel