• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

If a person treats each and every one of their business contacts, with the respect of a family member, then nobody would even think or speak about them in a disparaging manner.
In this case, that didn’t happen here. There was financial loss, and lack of communication that nobody deserved, no matter how they received the paypal funds for their knives.
Avoidance, and an attitude of arrogance, entitlement, and superiority, are not the ways to win the goodwill and respect of your clients, nor gain an avid support base among your fellow knife enthusiasts.

Skelton was not the one who got screwed over. It was a repost of bulletbeadz' unfortunate transaction with the scammer.

He even had the nerve to write me a few days ago saying his “lawyers” were going to contact me, some of you and the BF mods for slandering his name. Like a crappy Sonic manager has the money for a team of lawyers... Gimme a break.

Lawyer is going to tell him he will have to pay in cash-no checks and certainly no credit cards

I skimmed through this thread and I'm sorry to see that so many were scammed.

This person (along with others like him) obviously deserve to get banned but what prevents someone like this from rejoining with a new email / PayPal address and scamming others?

Kind of why there’s heavy scrutiny on members with low feedback. As Should Be;)
sooner than later some member will trace them back as scam:)

Yeah, but in the meantime, they scam a few others...I guess there're no technical method for screening them out.

I skimmed through this thread and I'm sorry to see that so many were scammed.

This person (along with others like him) obviously deserve to get banned but what prevents someone like this from rejoining with a new email / PayPal address and scamming others?

Prevents? Nothing. (That I'm aware of.)

However, if the mods get wind that a banned member may be back they have ways to check and then will ban again.

The best defense is knowledge. Reading through the GBU, you'll pick up on red flags that can be present. You'll also see the names of scammers that have come through here before. I keep them all in a word doc for an easy future reference. Lastly, go with your gut. If something feels fishy or is too good to be true then it usually is.

Last edited:
Yeah, but in the meantime, they scam a few others...I guess there're no technical method for screening them out.

Probably not. It's just a sad truth of reality. As long as there are good, trusting people, there will be predators out there that want what they have and don't give a damn how they get it.

I can't stand unethical losers like this guy...I'm not an attorney, but since the total amount that he stole appears to be over $1,000, that might be grand larceny in his home state of KS, which is a felony.

Also, since the fraud/theft involved the usps, it might be considered a federal mail fraud offense.

You guys might want to consider contacting the local PD along with the postal inspector.

Just found this...

If a theft involves property worth at least $1,000 but less than $25,000, the offense will be classified as a severity level 9 nonperson felony in Kansas. (Kan. Stat. Ann. § 21-3701(b)(3).)

And this...

Mail Fraud

U.S. Postal Inspectors investigate any crime in which the U.S. Mail is used to further a scheme--whether it originated in the mail, by telephone, or on the Internet. The use of the U.S. Mail is what makes it mail fraud.

Last edited:
The word on facebook is that Heath Helton quit at Sonic and moved to Texas just a few days after filing all these claims.

The word on facebook is that Heath Helton quit at Sonic and moved to Texas just a few days after filing all these claims.
If it’s true, then perhaps Texas law enforcement will soon get a chance to meet their new neighbor.

M mwehrwein3030 did a trade with Balls a couple of weeks ago... should be able to confirm where he is located.
I honestly don't remember what the mailing address was.

But I have been in the talks with him. He is slowly making it right at the pace he's able to do it out of his own pocket. (This is all what I have been told by him) We have worked out a deal, where he is sending me a knife he won in a raffle on Reddit. It's worth a little more than what he owed me. So I sent him some extra money. I am not sure what order he is going be fixing each case.

This is my experience, and it is getting fixed. I hope everyone else gets it worked out soon.

But I have been in the talks with him. He is slowly making it right at the pace he's able to do it out of his own pocket. (This is all what I have been told by him) We have worked out a deal, where he is sending me a knife he won in a raffle on Reddit. It's worth a little more than what he owed me. So I sent him some extra money. I am not sure what order he is going be fixing each case.

This is my experience, and it is getting fixed. I hope everyone else gets it worked out soon.
I would you careful if i were in your shoes. IF he is guilty of what is being suggested, you may be receiving stolen property. I wouldn't want to be in possession of stolen property , whether knowingly or not

I would you careful if i were in your shoes. IF he is guilty of what is being suggested, you may be receiving stolen property. I wouldn't want to be in possession of stolen property , whether knowingly or not
I wouldn't take it if I believed that it was stolen. Plus, there is a "internet trail" from where it came from.

I wouldn't have sent him any money until I received the raffle knife, but your money your choice.
and as for settling with people, all he has to do is send them back their property or the money he got from the sale of the property. Neither has anything to do with the credit card problem. There may be a few transactions that are more complicated, but certainly some should be this simple.

Last edited:
Back